Dyspnea/ shortness of breath

A

Ay132222

Firstly I am an 18 year old male and about 3 weeks ago I noticed a shortness of breath and it has been with me ever since I feel the need to keep taking a deep breath. I have had a chest X-ray, ecg and ekg and all came back normal/clear. About 2 days prior to the breathlessness I had been vaping on nicotine eliquid. Could the vaping be the direct cause to the breathlessness or could’ve the nicotine brought back my hypochondria. It’s been very stressful and has made it so I don’t get to sleep until very early morning. I also did a flow test and they said my readings are above average which was surprising. The breathlessness has also lead to anxiety attacks.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Firstly I am an 18 year old male and about 3 weeks ago I noticed a shortness of breath and it has been with me ever since I feel the need to keep taking a deep breath. I have had a chest X-ray, ecg and ekg and all came back normal/clear. About 2 days prior to the breathlessness I had been vaping on nicotine eliquid. Could the vaping be the direct cause to the breathlessness or could’ve the nicotine brought back my hypochondria. It’s been very stressful and has made it so I don’t get to sleep until very early morning. I also did a flow test and they said my readings are above average which was surprising. The breathlessness has also lead to anxiety attacks.
Hi @Ay132222 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your struggle and restlessness. Sounds like you have hyperventilation and anxiety. Try to distract yourself. A good distraction would be a serious conversation. Try doing that and pay attention after the conversation ends, you’ll find that you were ok. The problem starts when you focus on yourself and breathing.

As for vaping, do you read the label to know the mix of what you’re breathing into your lungs? Stay away from e-liquids that use oil based flavors. I mix my own at home 🙂 to be on the safe side(not sure if that’s considered being on the safe side😁)

I doubt that it’s the vaping. You were concerned about and focused on your breathing.

Are you having enough sleep? Lack of sleep makes your chest feels heavy sometimes.

I hope you feel better soon.