DWP presentation on ESA plans confirms worst fears about green paper

I

itsmeagain

As if things aren't bad enough with GPS and psychiatrists.
We face the prospect now of a civil servant being able to declare fitness to work.
I dread to think what may happen.Especially in mental health and learning disabilities claimants.
For me the whole benefits area...like most other issues...is complex and multifaceted.
If these people are going to get people who allegedly will not work, into productive roles then ok.When it concerns mental health it is disgraceful to think of stopping benefits.
I do on the other hand feel that provision of job and training opportunities for people with mh diagnoses, is still non existent almost. So much for rehabilitation.
These reforms are capitalism at its worst.

Last edited:
D

dlzoidberg

So, the 'people who were frightening people' turn out to be right.

There will probably be a few safeguards, so a few wont be affected.

In the end though, it seems it will be only just short of what the worst predictions were.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
As if things aren't bad enough with GPS and psychiatrists.
We face the prospect now of a civil servant being able to declare fitness to work.
I dread to think what may happen.Especially in mental health and learning disabilities claimants.
For me the whole benefits area...like most other issues...is complex and multifaceted.
If these people are going to get people who allegedly will not work, into productive roles then ok.When it concerns mental health it is disgraceful to think of stopping benefits.
I do on the other hand feel that provision of job and training opportunities for people with mh diagnoses, is still non existent almost. So much for rehabilitation.
These reforms are capitalism at its worst.
i was in full time work for around 8 years between major breakdowns / hospitalisations. i have also completed 7 years of further education.

The irony of having Not been in formal work for the past 15 years, is that imo i have been far more productive, of service to others, a responsible member of the community & less overall cost to the state / society than the pattern that i was in before when i was working.

The bulk of everything that i have learned also, especially over the past 15 years has been self taught. i just don't have the relevant 'stupid' bits of paper to go along with a lot of it all.

So much of the social security 'reforms' seem idealogical & a totally false economy. i think the realities of it all however is very simple, it's all just about money for private corporate companies & interests - there's Nothing else to it, all the rest is political / media bullshit, propaganda, lies & spin. As you very rightfully say - capitalism at its worst.

Last edited:
N

nightmare57

Talks about all new claimants signing a claimant commitment which would 'set out the expectations and legal requirements that claimants will be required to accept in order to receive ESA'. How would a person who as a appointeeship and lacks capacity be able to sign a commitment form? Where will they stand?

letmein

letmein

why do they hate us so much? as if my illness isn't enough i have to be a victim of the state. I wish I could die. I can't do life any more.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
New plans show Tory genocide against the sick and disabled is set to accelerate -

New plans show Tory genocide against the sick and disabled is set to accelerate | Vox Political

Poverty set to rocket to new levels thanks to latest Tory cuts. But who cares? -

Poverty set to rocket to new levels thanks to latest Tory cuts. But who cares? | Vox Political

Disabled people 'left behind in society', report finds -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39458672

Regent University Presents: Useless Eaters

Gattaca - Trailer - YouTube

D

dlzoidberg

I think it's too late for the Tory evil to be stopped now. The vast majority either want it, or are indifferent.

I now think of what they are doing as sort of a 'soft genocide'.

One story on the bbc website today is about a mother who had to give up her job to provide the pretty much round the clock support her son needs.

The government just gave the usual crap about work being the cure-all.

I wonder who is supposed the work, the mother who has to dedicate all her time to caring for her son, or her son, who need round the clock support.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
D

dlzoidberg

These reports play into the hands of the governments agenda of forcing even the most ill into some sort of work related activity. Under threat of sanction, but with the help of a bs 'work coaches', which are pretty much the same as 'mentors', some on JSA get.

When I was on JSA years ago I had I mentor. He listened to my issues, then totally ignored them, and found jobs to apply for I'm not a hundreth capable of doing.

The Scottish First Minister is no different in this regard.

They also have the aim of 'halving the disabled employment gap', which is impossible without Victorianism, with the odd sprinkling of Nazism here and there.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The DWP / Government simply don't understand the costs involved of servicing the Porsche, maintaining the Jacuzzi, employing the Butler, & keeping a good supply of fresh goose, seagull eggs, smoked salmon, champagne, & caviar on benefits.