• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

DWP Has No Record Of My ESA Assessment

B

butterfly08

Has anybody had a similar experience?

In short I've been receiving ESA assessment rate from July 2015

Its my first time claiming ESA and had been previously receiving JSA

A friend spotted that I should be "ESA Main Phase" so I contacted DWP

I attended the Work Capability Assessment with a close friend (for support) in July 2016 but DWP has no record of it ever taking place

Because of this error I've suffered extreme hardship and would like to know if Id have any chance of some kind of recompense from DWP

I'm still waiting to hear back as this was only reported to them last week

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Ok...let me see... have you got any paper work? as the DWP have a habit of this sort of thing. Always always keep on record any dealings with them that way you don’t have the headache when this happens.

And it is always good to make a note of phone calls time of day who you spoke to and the general gist of what was said and who agreed what.

Ok so the July 16 appointment will be on their system so it might help to start there and to get a copy in writing or email so that you can keep it for your records. That is where I would start for now, to find out this.

Until you have facts in your possession then the DWP will be difficult to deal with.

I wouldn’t hold your breath about them getting back to you. You may need to phone back several times and each time make a note of the date etc.
good luck!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S DWP Performance Related Bonuses. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
Fairy Lucretia currently on phone to dwp Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Z got a DWP letter today Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 46
S DWP Email Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
Funnyday DWP wins legal case to block future benefit appeals Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
daffy DWP official stats for PIP as of Jan 19 Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
R waiting on dwp phone Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
R letter from dwp asking about savings Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 26
S DWP Staff Grades and Bonuses 2019 (FoI Data redacted). Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
T DWP Work Related Activity Group issue Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
N The DWP?! Well, For The Better! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
I JC /DWP keeping in contact Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
W DWP waste more money. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
W Warning!! DWP Mail to Wolverhampton address! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S PIP tribunal success but DWP aren't paying Discrimination! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 24
yellows Phone call dwp Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 281
B Pip, dwp, capita Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
E I won my appeal against the DWP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
E The DWP are making my dog ill Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
D Face-to-face assessment postponed because of DWP computer problems Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
R No face to face, advice sent to descion maker at dwp Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
shaky PTSD about DWP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15
cpuusage DWP presentation on ESA plans confirms worst fears about green paper Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
cpuusage DWP 'tells disability benefits assessors to discriminate against people with mental health conditions' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
cpuusage Sufferers with progressive and mental illnesses have benefits cut by the DWP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 42
Nikita Important news mental health charity mind is applying to work as dwp work coaches! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
cpuusage Disabled set up to fail benefit assessments, says former DWP officer Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
L Confessions of a DWP call handler Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
R dwp form no representation Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
cpuusage Suicides of benefit claimants reveal DWP flaws, says inquiry Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
D The embarrassing reason the DWP won't get the sick and disabled back to work Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
T Completely paranoid Dwp people following me Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
amathus GP's told to inform patients DWP will obtain 'fit note' records. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
cpuusage Here's the full spectacle of Iain Duncan Smith's DWP horror show. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
A Just Heard From DWP-Have Got My ESA and It's The Support Group. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
A DWP Told me when I phoned them they have reached a decision about my ESA but Won't tell me what it is! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
A Very Worried About MY ESA Claim-Have not Heard from the DWP What should I do? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
cpuusage DWP Hires Miracle Lifestyle Guru Who Claims 95% Success Rate In Curing Mental Health Conditions! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 24
A Letter From DWP Asking to review my Existing Income Support and SDA for ESA-Why Is This? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
S job seeking at the dwp Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
S The Dangerous Devotion To Ian (Drunken With Power) Smith & The Terror Of DWP Reforms Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
S Proving Illness to DWP?ATOS Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
cpuusage DWP Gets Tough On Sickness Benefit Claimants Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
AliceinWonderland People in ESA Support Group being hassled by DWP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
~minnie~ DWP/ESA/Death-long post sorry Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
~minnie~ DWP/ESA/Death-long post sorry Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
D confused and stressed by DWP correspondence Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
F Stuck in DWP limbo: 'Sometimes I think I would be better off dead' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
cpuusage "Lies,Damn Lies, IDS and The DWP; STOP Spinning Statistics" #ImpeachDWP #NOWPetition Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
I Today we WON the tribunal against ATOS and DWP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12