DVLA say I need a medical

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
No I’d already filled them in before i noticed the declaration box, so i filled them in again and there was no difference in the price.

fazza

fazza

A long time ago they did but now in the modern age it was found to be discriminatory to charge us more.

fazza

fazza

The Disability Discrimination Act 2005 makes it illegal for insurers to refuse any disabled person cover on the grounds of their disability. Equally, insurers are not allowed to charge disabled people more for their car insurance policy on account of their disability.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
they can say your disability makes you an extra risk, and they have to cover said risk, i don't know since the disability acts

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
but i'm old old can remeber the past can also think how hard it is to get legal aid now to fight a decision

fazza

fazza

but i'm old old can remeber the past can also think how hard it is to get legal aid now to fight a decision
Yes legal aid has dwindled away over the past 20 years.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Think ive just ruined the DVLA form by writing on every question. I DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE HAD EPILEPSY, SEIZURES OR BLACKOUTS. (LOC)
Hope I don’t get a jobsworth who tells me ive filled the form in wrong and they are cancelling my licence

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
I would think they will send you a new form if you filled it in wrong and then at worst you wont have your licence for a few weeks.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
just to say i know very few people who've passed a driving test on meds. most passed before they were ill, and were allowed to drive

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I’ve phoned the DVLA and explained I’ve never had a seizure. But they said It is down to the gp . I think he’s put my falls down to blackouts rather than balance. Phoned the docs and he wasn’t in today but have left a message for him to phone me tomorrow

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I phoned the doctor this morning and hes as puzzled as me. Phoned the DVLA back as i found a letter from 2years ago stating the MRI showed no sign of epilepsy so have emailed a copy to DVLA . Hopefully this should sort it out for me