• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

During the day

I

invisible man

Does anyone not work due to their mental health? If so what do you do with your days ?

F

FairyBelle

I have had time on and off work due to my mental health (anxiety and depression) and what I try to spend my time doing is distracting myself so I will be ok. Other than that also working on my mental health and the issues that I have. Exercise, and eating correctly are the two main things. I also find that writing helps whether its like a diary or creative. It helps to get the thoughts out of your head. I would also look into the local community support as some have groups that meet up regularly not just for therapy but for social activities. It's very important to not isolate yourself from the world, and being around others with similar problems us a great source of help and comfort. If you need any help with distractions or ways to deal with panic attacks please feel free to contact me anytime.

Lexara

Lexara

I haven't really been working jet but i had to end/ pause (not completely sure yet) my university studies because of depression/anxiety recently. I'm just figuring out what to do with myself all day as well. I find it good to have a variety of options to just keep busy, so I can do something new when my concentration/ motivation for one thing drops. (for me: reading, jigsaw puzzles, piano, creative writing, going on walks, spending time in the garden,...). It helps me to not spend all day in bed or in front of the TV/ tablet. Writing helps me a lot as well, but only if I'm not to down already. I listen to a lot of music. It's motivating or calming, whatever i need and distracts from the overthinking i tend to do when I'm alone. And I'm also trying to meet with some friends and plan to return to my old sports club, now that training is starting again.