• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Duloxetine

J

Jan

Just wondered how many people have used this drug and had any success with treatment.
I’m suffering with bad depression and anxiety and insomnia. Also some derealisation

W

*winofunk*

Hello and good evening.
I was put on duloxetine back in 2017. I had previously been on venlafaxine but they took me off venlafaxine because it was making me sweat profusely. So they tapered off the venlafaxine and introduced duloxetine. I was only on duloxetine for a very short time because it was causing nausea.

To be honest, I felt good, mentally, on venlafaxine, but the sweating was affecting my self-confidence/self-esteem.

Catty5

Catty5

Hello

For me, Cymbalta ( Doloxetine) was horrible.
It caused something like “auditory hallucination” (i’m not psychotic). It also made my dissociation worse (I suffer dissociation and a bit of depersonalization)
I ended up at ER.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 1