• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Drowning in a Sea of Low Motivation

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

Well, I managed to pull myself out of a deep depression that followed a recent illness with the help of you all on the forum, my husband, my therapist, and my friends at church. I was able to attend church, go with my husband to VA to get his cancer treatment, attend therapy, and see my own doctor concerning my diabetes. I also showered a few times.
But now, I'm drowning in the Sea of Low Motivation. The only things I have managed to accomplish today are write a grocery list and cook some ground beef that needed to be cooked before it spoiled. I'm grateful that I got at least that done, but I also really need to take a bath, and I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to do so. I feel gross. I know I need a shower. It just seems so hard to move around right now. :low: I want to be very still all of the time. Activity of any kind stresses me out. Does anyone else get like this?

Last edited:
Shadow-one

Shadow-one

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hey clis

Yea I get it...

I get the whole effort it takes to even just be here..
Sometimes I really just want to lie down and close my eyes and wish that nobody could see me.. I don't want the bother of every day things like groceries and showers...

I also just want to be still.... still where no one knows I'm not moving....that they won't wonder where I am..that I can just be alone with the knowledge I'm not actually screwing up someone else's life..

You sound better than me clis. . So try be positive x

B

Benny82

Hey it's ok to feel like this and it is what it is. Some days I feel the same and literally cannot move because I feel too low, too anxious or paranoid or both or all at the same time. It will run its course, whether it takes hours, days, weeks or longer. I used to beat myself up for being 'lazy' but I know it's the disorder (as that's what I've been told). :)

sadie2983

sadie2983

Hi, im new to this site and am schizoaffective with gad and take 600mg lurasidone 600mg pregabalin and propranolol, I also feel too unmotivated to go out and haven't been outside for over 2 weeks. don't like going out its too stressful. but am lucky enough to have my family they visit me at home so am not totally isolated. I prefer to not be seen too so yes I get where your coming from.:<)

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Well, I managed to pull myself out of a deep depression that followed a recent illness with the help of you all on the forum, my husband, my therapist, and my friends at church. I was able to attend church, go with my husband to VA to get his cancer treatment, attend therapy, and see my own doctor concerning my diabetes. I also showered a few times.
But now, I'm drowning in the Sea of Low Motivation. The only things I have managed to accomplish today are write a grocery list and cook some ground beef that needed to be cooked before it spoiled. I'm grateful that I got at least that done, but I also really need to take a bath, and I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to do so. I feel gross. I know I need a shower. It just seems so hard to move around right now. :low: I want to be very still all of the time. Activity of any kind stresses me out. Does anyone else get like this?
I was like that about 2 weeks ago. I even prepare the shower and hang my clean clothes and towels but had no energy.
Push yourself to do it. After shower, you will feel so fresh and so relaxed. Think about feeling good and make it an enjoyable time by listening to music.

There times of the day when I was feeling a little better so I took advantage of that I pushed myself.

J

Jules5

I was like that about 2 weeks ago. I even prepare the shower and hang my clean clothes and towels but had no energy.
Push yourself to do it. After shower, you will feel so fresh and so relaxed. Think about feeling good and make it an enjoyable time by listening to music.

There times of the day when I was feeling a little better so I took advantage of that I pushed myself.
I thought I was alone on low motivation and wanting to be still all the time. Mine is prolonged My psychosis must be progressive.
I do the same thing about getting just a few things done in a day. I have a million things that should be done-maybe I can be the Betty Crocker or Mrs Jones next door-or how about Martha Stewart. They seem busy and active-but I do wonder at what cost. I use to be a bustling young chimp-it put me further in debt and I also lost who I thought I was as a teenager.
They say life gets hard and you just have to be harder on yourself. Well my life is hard-taking a shower even twice a month is a big step for me right now how I am feeling. In public you would never know what I go through I put on a good show.

if you want to look down your nose at me watch out I am over 6 ft tall.

J

Jules5

Empirical Research shows that third world people our much more happier than richer nations. Hmmm....

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Empirical Research shows that third world people our much more happier than richer nations. Hmmm....
That’s so true and I know the reason. I live my life between the US and traveling to the the Middle East. Even time feel slower. You can get so much done during the day and still have time to go out and visit family and cousins.
Their social life very beautiful. Imagine no day passes without visiting someone or someone visiting you almost everyday.

In the western world, we live such an isolation. The life is fast and programmed like robots. Unfortunately, I can’t live there.