Drop out

A

angelflower

So, I confessed to my DBT therapist today that I self-harmed on Sunday. It was a crap session. I wasn't willing to work with her. I told her I won't be seeing her next week. She said she'd keep my appointment open. I have my reasons. I can't commit to staying safe, and it would be hypocritical for me to pretend otherwise.

I also left a message for the lady who runs the group therapy, and said I won't be going to that either. I was meant to be going to see home treatment after group therapy, so I phoned them up to ask them to drop my meds off instead. It turns out I need to have a blood test tomorrow.

The only person I am agreeing to see is my CPN, in the morning. I'm losing him soon.

Please don't judge me for throwing in the towel.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

So, I confessed to my DBT therapist today that I self-harmed on Sunday. It was a crap session. I wasn't willing to work with her. I told her I won't be seeing her next week. She said she'd keep my appointment open. I have my reasons. I can't commit to staying safe, and it would be hypocritical for me to pretend otherwise.

I also left a message for the lady who runs the group therapy, and said I won't be going to that either. I was meant to be going to see home treatment after group therapy, so I phoned them up to ask them to drop my meds off instead. It turns out I need to have a blood test tomorrow.

The only person I am agreeing to see is my CPN, in the morning. I'm losing him soon.

Please don't judge me for throwing in the towel.
You self-harmed once. That doesn't mean that everything is over! We all make mistakes sometimes, but we learn from them and move forward.

You aren't committing to staying safe for the sake of keeping a promise, but because each day you are able to stay safe, is a day that you've progressed. One mistake doesn't undo all of that!

Please keep seeing the counsellor and group therapy leader - they provide you with crucial emotional outlets that will help you to discuss your emotions.

Please keep going - all is not lost, and you certainly can turn this all around. Keep fighting <3

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Have you been thinking about quitting for a while or just all of a sudden?
Why do you need to commit to keeping safe to carry in with therapy?

Are you seeing your CPN tomorrow morning? Is he good?

A

angelflower

Quitted all of a sudden. If you have self-harmed you can't go to DBT for 24 hours. CPN tomorrow morning. He's good.

Thanks Helena xx

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Quitted all of a sudden. If you have self-harmed you can't go to DBT for 24 hours. CPN tomorrow morning. He's good.

Thanks Helena xx
Then this is just an impulsive decision. Don't let a wave of emotion stop you from getting the treatment you need and deserve. Please keep seeing the counsellor, group therapy leader and CPN - they're important in helping you recover!

<3