• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Drop in mood =(

T

TOONAFISH

After this sickness bug and not managing to take tablets, im feelin depressed. It is horrible. I dont want to do anything. Feel so tearful but agitated at the same time. Have fallen out with dh two nites running. im just being a horrible bitch. i have kept my daughter off playgroup today as i couldnt stand being on my own.

Will this go away once the meds get back in? how long should it take? I hate this feeling. Just want to curl up in bed and shut the world away.

Sorry to be so pathetic. that is how i feel :(

A

Affective

After this sickness bug and not managing to take tablets, im feelin depressed. It is horrible. I dont want to do anything. Feel so tearful but agitated at the same time. Have fallen out with dh two nites running. im just being a horrible bitch. i have kept my daughter off playgroup today as i couldnt stand being on my own.

Will this go away once the meds get back in? how long should it take? I hate this feeling. Just want to curl up in bed and shut the world away.

Sorry to be so pathetic. that is how i feel :(
First of all I'd like to say I'm sorry you aren't feeling your best. Secondly you're not pathetic or weak. Also it's natural to feel you want someone around when you are down as it can lift your mood.

I hope once you start taking your medication again the bad feelings will reside. I once stopped taking my medication because I felt well and felt like I didn't need it anymore. Once I started taking it again the psychosis and depression went away.

You could try and keep yourself busy to try and stop yourself thinking about feeling low. Maybe play with your daughter, take a walk, write a poem/story, cook a nice meal for yourself etc. What I do is make a list when I am low what I will do during the day so I get through it.

Hope you feel better soon my friend :grouphug:

T

TOONAFISH

thanks for your reply.

i have finally managed to get dressed. just having a wee tidy round then going to go and visit my mumand dad. after that im gonna take the dog out then go to the park with my daughter.

i have stuff to do in the house but i just dont want to do it. housework irionin, bills etc. bad enough at the best of times eh.

i just hate feeling this way it is the pits, and it is a reminder that i could just easily get depressed again and it scares me.

thanks again for your reply it has helped. xx:hug:

T

TOONAFISH

Have had an ok day but ended up binging and purging this afternoon. i dont know if it is the depression that makes me do it or the bulimia that makes me depressed. there seems to be a link anyway?? i really have to go to the docs but i doubt they can do anything about it

tom is another day so hopefully another step forward. x

A

Affective

Have had an ok day but ended up binging and purging this afternoon. i dont know if it is the depression that makes me do it or the bulimia that makes me depressed. there seems to be a link anyway?? i really have to go to the docs but i doubt they can do anything about it
I'm sorry to hear that this is going on. I hope someone is helping you to overcome this. I think going to the doctor would be a very good idea! If you haven't been before to the doctor about the bulimia then it's a must that you go to get this sorted. I don't know much about it but I know depression can be a very strong link.
tom is another day so hopefully another step forward. x
Well done for saying things like this, it's important to keep positive. A negative attitude doesn't help in situations like this. So once again, well done.

emski

emski

If you want solidarity, I am feeling a drop in mood too.

I don't know how long it will take re your meds and what not, but in the meantime, I'm here if you want to talk about it. Have you got family support at home?

T

TOONAFISH

hi emski

sorry to here you too are feeling low.

i normally have cpn every week but she is on holiday for a fortnite.

i have my dh but he has friends up from london and i dont want to bother him

xx

emski

emski

haven't they arranged a stand in for your cpn? maybe phone the cmht and ask if someone can come out to you - it's not right to be left with no support when you're feeling like this just because your usual cpn is on hols.

btw what does dh stand for? xx