Drop in / Day centres?

pepecat

pepecat

Has anyone ever used a drop in centre (like the ones Mind or suchlike run)?

What are they like? Do you have to go regularly? What happens?
I just want somewhere to go and someone to listen when things are crappy. And not a gp. And not a regular thing - just as and when, if i need to talk.

Do such things exist anywhere?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
I use one sometimes
run by my cmht
are you under a cmht?
I know we saw the same therapist so I could advise you by message where there maybe one near you
they used to do music groups and jewellery making
but now you can drop in daily ,have a chat with others ,a coffee and they play pool and have a tv
things like that
xx

CountTheCracks

CountTheCracks

We dont have stuff like that here :(

flowergirl

flowergirl

theres a drop in centre round here but tbh i didnt even know about it until a couple of weeks ago ive been under this team for 2 years and under some kind of mh team for 10 or more

pepecat

pepecat

I'm in Birmingham.

I don't think my gp or psych would refer me..... i just want somewhere 'safe' to go and talk if i need to. Sometimes i might need to, sometimes i might not. I don't want a committment to go every week or anything like that - that freaks me out slightly anyway.

I don't know what i want...... :low:

pepecat

pepecat

I've had a look at Mind here.... you have to ring them to find out more stuff. I HATE that. I'd rather email, or just go and see the place....
I'll wait till i'm off work on an afternoon and go see.
Maybe.

Phones scare me.

Rethink do some 8 week 'improving your confidence' course for people who struggle to manage their day to day life. I can manage fine day to day - in terms of work / study / eating etc, so I'm not really suitable for that.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've had a look at Mind here....
They usually have women's groups, & other support groups. A friend has found the groups very helpful.

Rethink do some 8 week 'improving your confidence' course for people who struggle to manage their day to day life. I can manage fine day to day - in terms of work / study / eating etc, so I'm not really suitable for that.
I used to go to a few Rethink courses, & knew a lot of the stuff that they were covering, but it's more to be with other people in a supportive group; I don't think it matters that much about what the material is on the course. i met a good friend through the group courses.

T

Taff

Hi, I'm stuck too. Did try a drop in centre in town but folk tried hustling money out of me outside, got a bit scary. And i cant get there and back on my own, need collecting.
I did try sitting on a wall on Guy Fawkes night with a tin and a funny hat to see if anyone would give me money, but my son got embaressed and made me go back in the house:D

pepecat

pepecat

Thanks CPU - I might well pluck up the courage to try the Mind people.....

I"m not sure what i want / need at the moment.

The 'post therapy' thing is SO hard.... no one tells you how hard it is or what to expect. Though i guess it's different for different people so they can't say really. It's just the going from once a week in a safe place, with a safe person, to nothing, which i'm finding difficult.

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

You can phone mind first and they will have someone meet you there
And they can tell you what's on and when
I found them very helpfull

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Depression Forum 1