• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

drop in centre

T

telemetry9

I emailed the drop in centre but heard nothing so I thought I would phone them.

The guy said the line wasn't very good and then explained that he had received my email which had the incorrect number which led to a fax machine and that's why I hadn't heard from him. I later checked my number which was correct in the first place.

He explained I had to be referred by a mental health worker or social worker to use any of the facilities but his overral tone and approach and the fact that he didn't even bother to respond to my email has left me feeling disapointed.

He really sounded like the kind of person I wouldn't trust or like and I didn't like his demenour or approach one bit. These might sound like small things but they are important to me and gave me an overral impression of the kind of place it must be. I really wanted to have a shower after talking with him - he gave me the creeps.

So I had some hope that I could go there but i don't know now.

D

Dollit

Have you tried your local MIND? They do proactive things re mental health and it's quite lively in Bristol.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Is there a local forum here yet for your area telemetry?

Nick.

T

telemetry9

Nick.

I don't think so. When you say: Local, do you mean in my own area online?

D

Dollit

In the local forums section you can link up with people who live in your area and who know specifically the things that are going on there. If there isn't a local forum for your area you can start one.

My local forum is Bristol but we have people from Gloucester, Plymouth & Wales as well.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Yes - so if there isn't one for your own area telemetry it would be great if you started one :).

Nick.