• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Driving anxiety

Faith198

Faith198

Been driving for a bit now but I’m still new. I’m feeling very on edge when I drive anymore, almost like it’s going to be impossible for me to drive. When people are tailgating me it makes me so so anxious. I know I am going the speed limit but they are like on me to go faster. I know it’s common and I just need to not give into the pressure, it’s tough tho. When I’m turning I feel pressure to put on the gas when I need to go slower making turns. It’s almost like those people that want you to walk faster in the store.

I’m scared to make someone mad while driving. I’m still messing up because I’m new but it’s so embarrassing and humiliating. How do I feel more comfortable?

anyone else experience this?

Talina

Talina

I’m still experience it and had my driving licens for 2 years, so still fresh compared with others.

It’s truly hard but all you can do is trying to ignore the pressure. Myself try to just focus on my driving but it becomes easier to focus when I know where I’m going to drive. You will always make people go mad when driving specially people that like driving over speed limit. Myself always thinks that if the police is out controlling they will get a ticket. I had a neighboor that always drive fast he lost his driving license.

Don’t really have any good tips because I’m still struggling with it. I hope it will become easier for you 🌸