• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Driving anxiety

L

Lashaie2012

I had a panic attack two weeks ago while driving now I have driving anxiety. Any tips on how to overcome it ? I get the worse feeling when driving alone

J

Jules5

Sorry to hear that. Driving can be very important in today's society. I would suggest pulling over into a safe area and take lots of deep breathes People use those little paper bags on airplanes when they are afraid of flying-it helps and thy get to where they are going.

L

Lashaie2012

Yeah I just get very afraid when I’m alone , like something is going to happen to me

J

Jules5

Just love yourself. Touch your toes move your hands around and keep on trucking. Many people on the road feel just as insecure as you do.

I take some serious medications and my driving ability is terrible-i swerve off the road all the time-I just keep moving because so many people do the same thing. and I have to drive
my son to school. I do the best as I can. Panic attacks are fearsome. So sorry you are going through this right now...........

L

Lashaie2012

Yeah I constantly worry that one is going to come , my anxiety is messing with me now. Waiting for it to go away