• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

dreams

S

shreya

I would like to know what type of dream of a person suggests that the person himself or herself has interest in academic areas.this is for my friend john who is studying but presently who is not able to.he want to know whether dreams which start with his father means that he has interest in his studies.also I would like to know how to read the dreams.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
the dream would involve like libraries and books. the person would be studying in a library with books. this would stronly suggest upon awakening that they have a symbolic desire to study.

S

shreya

But he didn't had any such dreams .is there any other things other than library and books suggest that the person has an interest in studies .

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
read freud's interpretation of dreams

if you don't have the time for that

find the phalic object... pay especial attention to what happens to it

find a womb symbol...

for learning you'd be lookiong for something sexual with either an oedipal or elektra complex

alternatively just accept that dreams don't exactly portend future behaviour unless you actually make that decision for them to do that

I recently had a dream in which I was a personal levitation trainer

my psychoanalyist believes the dreams means I wish to bring levity into peoples lives

for £100 per hour thats some insight

S

shreya

U said me to read about Freud interpretation of dreams I hav time for that but I donnow the exact site or I don't hav any psychological books for that .can u suggest which site it is or which book it is

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

A father figure can represent authority, which can include a teacher.

I don't mean to undermine what Rass has suggested, but I have certain issues with Freud's interpretations of dreams. I find a lot of Freud's theories to be sexist and ridiculous.

There are sources online. If you type 'dream interpretation' into a search engine, you will find lots of sites that can help.
I would also point out that definitions for certain symbols may not be accurate because as individuals, the definitions beind different dreams will vary hugely.
Say for instance, for someone has kept snakes as a pet and really likes them, a snake in a dream would be a positive thing. But for someone with a fear of snakes, the symbolism will have a completely different meaning.