• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Dreams

katya

katya

I don't believe there's a great deal to be "read into" regarding dreams, but I've been having really vivid, weird dreams recently which have left me with a feeling of anxiety and disorientation.

I wonder whether it's because I'm going back to work soon (I work as a teacher in a school), as all of my (what I call) anxiety dreams have been centred around this recently. I also wonder whether it's because I'm taking meds. I'm on Prozac.

Just wondering if anyone else finds the same, especially on Prozac, and if there's anything you know you can do to lessen the effect of these dreams?

It's a sign you're not getting proper REM sleep, isn't it, when you remember your dreams a lot of the time? I don't know a great deal about it...

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
i used to have very weird and vivid dreams on prozac too before taking it i very rarely remembered any of my dreams. i dont know how to lessen them if that is possible i am afraid.

D

Dottyone

Hia jruth, I can only speak from my experiences with dreams, I do find my dreams a lot more vivid and real life under my Anti-Sikes, I also take prozac, you know jruth I think stress is a major player in our dreams also.

I am no dream expert, but I think and also have heard that we collect our fears and and thoughts and our dreams creat just that ' a world where we are living our fears and dreams'

All the very best when you go back to work. Xxxx :hug:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It's a sign you're not getting proper REM sleep, isn't it, when you remember your dreams a lot of the time? I don't know a great deal about it...
Is it?
Gosh, that explains a lot for me.

It's really tough when you're struggling with stressful dreams.
I've gone through periods of very traumatic dreams involving all kinds of horrible things.

I do think making small changes to your sleeping environment can make a big difference. Anything that you can do to make your bedroom more sleep-friendly and feel safer can have a big effect. Even something like the position of your bed makes a difference.

I hope that you get better night's rest soon. I do think that perhaps once you've started work again, you might find it'll ease off.

katya

katya

i used to have very weird and vivid dreams on prozac too before taking it i very rarely remembered any of my dreams. i dont know how to lessen them if that is possible i am afraid.
Thanks for this. Gives me confidence that it's a normal effect of the Prozac. :)

katya

katya

Is it?
Gosh, that explains a lot for me.

It's really tough when you're struggling with stressful dreams.
I've gone through periods of very traumatic dreams involving all kinds of horrible things.

I do think making small changes to your sleeping environment can make a big difference. Anything that you can do to make your bedroom more sleep-friendly and feel safer can have a big effect. Even something like the position of your bed makes a difference.

I hope that you get better night's rest soon. I do think that perhaps once you've started work again, you might find it'll ease off.
Thanks for this - you're totally right about my sleeping environment. Next step: buy a new bed. I've needed one for bloody ages. Can't be helping!

katya

katya

Hia jruth, I can only speak from my experiences with dreams, I do find my dreams a lot more vivid and real life under my Anti-Sikes, I also take prozac, you know jruth I think stress is a major player in our dreams also.

I am no dream expert, but I think and also have heard that we collect our fears and and thoughts and our dreams creat just that ' a world where we are living our fears and dreams'

All the very best when you go back to work. Xxxx :hug:
Thanks for this. I always have stress-related dreams about work, even when everything's going fine. There's definitely a deeper issue there I need to sort out. Should be having talking therapy in a few months, so hopefully I'll be able to sort through some of those feelings. :)