Dreaming of the dead.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
Last night I had a dream I was with my family. My family that is still living. We were all in a big house - my aunt and uncles house.

Then my mum appeared, and we were a bit surprised she was there (she passed away in 2007). But she was really happy, and the dream felt comforting and just normal.
She looked happy and smiling and was standing up. At the time of her death she was paralyzed.

A few days ago, I also had a dream I was with an old next door neighbor. She was an elderly woman who passed away around 20 years ago. She was also happy. She was sitting in a garden just relaxing.

I have read that the dead sometimes contact people in the dream state, because it is altered consciousness.

Anyway just sharing.

Mister.B

Mister.B

This is really interesting.

I once had a dream where I met my unborn child.
He then said "I have to go" and got on a bus that pulled away and through a big set of gates.
At the time, unbeknownst to me, my then gf had tried to take her life and was (I would assume) laying unconscious.

From that day on, I have believed in exactly what you describe.
I know it's slightly different, but I wanted to share because it really stuck with me and I don't discuss it much.

V

volnash

Good dreams to have i guess, dreams are something we dont understand so i wont dismiss what you said here, as i really cant.

Im sure CPU has something to say on the matter, he seems to know his share about such things:) or atleast about the universe itself, i guess this could relate, i enjoy reading his posts so im sure ill enjoy his next one.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It's nice that they were happy, Brat. They say the veil between the worlds are at their thinnest around the time of Halloween - could be a genuine contact to let you know that they're happy in whatever world they're in now.

I'm lucky in that i've not had any immediate family members pass.

But similar to Mister.B, i'm convinced i've seen the face of my future daughter in my dream. She called me "Mummy" and had features like my own, but not totally.
Will be very interesting to see if she arrives in my life (even though i'm dead set against kids).