• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Dream

shaky

shaky

I had a dream last night that I actually remembered into the morning.
Since I have been reading Carl Jung on what he makes of dreams I was surprised and delighted to have something to consider.
But the message of the dream seems all too simple for me to get - not hidden in unconscious images.

There is one part of the dream that I don't get though, and I still feel a little haunted by it.
There are lots of school children in uniform and one little girl - very little - comes up to me with a tray of sweets and offers them so I can take one,
but I decline.

One of the philosophical tenets I was once told is that you should never refuse a gift, yet here am I in this dream refusing a gift.
I wonder what it means?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

What kind of beliefs do you have about your own worthiness and whether you deserve a treat?
Maybe not now as an adult, but when you were a child, how did you feel about nice things that were for you?

I'm only speculating about what it could symbolise.
I agree with you about not turning down a gift - it's hard to accept sometimes though.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I don't know what the dream means. One theory is that dreams allow our subconscious minds, to work through issues or problems that trouble us, to find a kind of a resolution. Not sure whether this is right or not. Maybe only each individual can work out what a dream might mean to them.

I seem to recall reading once, that the saying, the dream is the Divine voice, is attributed to Car Jung :)

shaky

shaky

I agree with you both.
Only I have the answer to what that might mean.

The rest of the dream was simpler - about walking naked in the countryside and no-one minding at all.
Then finding myself in a village and feeling out of place as it was so covered, so unnatural, so controlled.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Hi Shaky. How about a new thread: "What did you dream last night?" Then everyone could share dreams like the threads for What did you just eat or What did you just drink. I had a dream last night and when I woke up I thought it would be a good thread just like yours but we could include Everybody's dreams. What do you think?

Kerome

Kerome

Interesting dream, it may well have been about acceptance - people accepting you being naked walking in the countryside, you accepting what others offer in the way of gifts.

We have had a few threads about dreams in the past, I think the longest one was this one...

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread84465.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ramson mash Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 8