Dream of isolation

M

Muco

Hello. At the time of writing this, I am at a psychiatric hospital, which is what lead me to these thoughts.

I am not used to being close to other people, as I tend to isolate myself and only really go out for a haircut once a year. I have been at this psychosis clinic for a few days now, and it's really difficult for me to be so close to others. Just knowing that there are others around makes me feel unwell. Not only is this situation quite difficult, but the psychologists want me to start taking it even further and stop isolating myself completely.

Thinking about a future with other people around me makes me both worried and sad. I just want to be alone, yet the professionals say it's bad for my mental health. In my opinion, being around others is bad for my mental health. The sheer stress alone is bad for my mind and body.

I also can't let go of how immeasurably bleek my future is going to be if I have to act in a way that's so unnatural for me. I feel very unmotivated to live a life that's completely out of line with my nature. I guess my main, reoccurring thought would be "can I ever be happy like this?"

I really don't know what to do. Should I go with what the psychologists are saying? Should I stand my ground about living differently from others? How do I even cope?

It's all just a mess really..

frisas45

frisas45

Well, from your standpoint, you should gather up your courage and be bold. Go meet someone. Try to strike a conversation. That's what I do when I'm lonely. I suffered loneliness for many years and I make many attempts to socialize. I fail, and I go at it again.

But I completely understand why you want to isolate yourself. It can be taxing to socialize. I live with people who give me incessant pain, and it can suck. So I take moments alone. And there are times when I want to live in isolation.

frisas45

frisas45

And I know that your abnormal behavior can be hard for you to socialize. I sometimes can be abnormal too. But I try hard to be social. It's just I hate being stuck with problematic people...

E

EstherRose94

You can start by just chatting with us. We’re real people, we count right? ☺️

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
if you want to be alone then I don't see why that is such a problem, sometimes friends really are too much stress which is why I pushed all mine away

E

EstherRose94

Yeah I mean you have a right to live how you want as long as it’s not harming anyone.

E

EstherRose94

But if you want to ease in to having a couple connections, we’re low maintenance on here 😉