• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

dreading tomorrow

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

we are having all our stuff delivered from storage ,its going to be chaos ,i don't like chaos
i wish i could sleep throuvh it

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
When it has arrived maybe you could treat yourself to tea and cake. I always think what I will do after.

miss_sensitivity

miss_sensitivity

It's a shame it's not like work where you can pull a sicky and let everyone else deal with it :LOL:
I hope it's not too stressful and you can get everything sorted with minimum chaos. I also like @Tawny 's idea of treating yourself !!

2Much2Feel

Yes, I wanted a big pill that would let me sleep through it as well, it isn't fun. But it passes rather quickly and it is SO nice to be settled into your new place. Will be having best wishes for you--this is exciting!:)

C

celticlass

You will get through it together and a step at a time. And when you do you will feel pleased with yourself.

Humanitee

Humanitee

Good luck with the move! Change can be so terrifying but it will be amazing once you’ve settled in. Just take your time, and definitely treat yourself after you tick off each big chore :hug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
You’ll get thru this Lu. Just don’t try and do it all at once. Get the essentials in place and then set yourself a target of what you feel able to unpack each day. Dont think you have to do it all in a couple of days. I do know how you feel tho as I’m in the process of moving and have to send all my stuff into storage for a month. Ive been in my house for 40 years so you can imagine the amount of crap ive collected . I move out next tuesday and I’m dreading it

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Wish I could help you Lu, just do a bit at a time.
I'd be the same as you.
Hugs to you and Star, UH and your aunt.

S

so sad

Try to chink it up so you're not looking at one huge task.

Divide a room in half if need be and just look at what's in that small area. It is overwhelming if you try to attack it as one job.

x

2Much2Feel

I hear you, @Fairy Lucretia, I still have rooms full of boxes after 5 months. Just take it at your own pace, try to do as @so sad says and take it one part at a time, so you don't get overwhelmed. It is so stressful, but you'll get there!