Dreaded atos and nil points

B

Birthday1955

After the death of my husband and my mum being diagnosed with cancer in the same year i went into total meltdown, my only option at the time not being able to cope wrongly now i know was to end my own life with an overdose, thank god i came to my sences before i took to many tablets. Was looked after by doctors and mental health team. Was told i was suffering from clynical depression anxiety and stress. Had to give up my beloved job and signed on for ESA. That led to the dreaded ATOS medical assesment, of which with all i was going through was awarded 0 points. I appealed the desision and 7 months on went to tribuneral. This happened yesterday, anyone like me who has never been through this need not worry the Judge and the Doctor where poles apart from the Atos Doctor (so called) I went without representation and put my case foward at times with great difficulty, they listend to me with compassion and concern. I was asked to wait in the waiting room whilst they made there desicion. I waited only 10 mins and the court clerk called me back in I was told i had been awarded 18 points and my appeal had been sucsesfull. My point being do not be afraid of attending your tribuneral, tell it how it is no one sat at the other side of the table is trying to catch you out unlike the atos assesor. Good luck to all of you be true to yourself and dedicated people will see the true you and help you in your hour of need.

deadchick07

deadchick07

you've had such a dreadful time of it, Im so glad it worked out in the end, and thank you for shaing your story of hope with us. Welcome to the board xx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Blimey, sounds like you've had a really stressful time.
I'm really glad you didn't end your life. :hug:

Also i'm really pleased you were awarded the right amount of points and that, hopefully now you have the financial support you're entitled to, you can start to look forward. x