• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Drastic decision.

B

blue spark

Made a dicision today,blood is thicker than water and all that.My sister is always in a bad mood always quick to bite my head off, my so called brother in law who drinks none stop and the more he drinks the nastier he gets.Now don't get me wrong,they are like that with everyone.But with me being family,who takes them to do there shopping,takes them to any doctors or hospital appointments,takes them on days out,drops them off on there holidays and picks them up when they are returning home,need i go on.They do nothing for me,they are a burden.So today as i was leaving after a visit,i told them i wasn't calling for a few days because i needed some time to myself.What i did'nt tell them is i am never going to visit them again,that's it iv'e done with them.Obviously they will phone to see why have not been so just gonna say am to depressed,when really i can't be bothered with them anymore.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

It's pants feeling used and unappreciated by people in your life. Perhaps after a time, they will realise how much you do for them and it will be possible to have a more even relationship. That said sometimes, for your own sanity, the only thing you can do is break ties.

I hope you're okay.

B

blue spark

It's pants feeling used and unappreciated by people in your life. Perhaps after a time, they will realise how much you do for them and it will be possible to have a more even relationship. That said sometimes, for your own sanity, the only thing you can do is break ties.

I hope you're okay.
It's not a decision iv'e made on a whim,been thinking about it for a while.

Unique1

Unique1

Sounds like you have thought it through, and can't say I blame you for your decision. It takes a certain amount of guts too, so respect to you!!

I've had to cut people out of my life in the last year, not easy but had to be done....