• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

drama

megirl

megirl

I have just lost another friendship.
Apparantly to my friend i am always having dramas. She has a brother apparantly with bipolar whom never has dramas like me.
AND apparantly i blame any of my issues or behaviours on every one and my mental illness.
When apparantly 'its all up too me'
I was talking about likeing giving to others and was asking her advice on something ,when she said that she thought i didnt do the 'giving' thing.
I gave her children an expensive stethoscope from my nursing and had this desire to ask for it back this seems to have been the reason all this came about.
I know its not the right thing to ask for it back. I do love her kids but that stethoscope the second i gave it away i felt sick. It reminds me of my nursing happier times something i love. Bad stethoscope for causing all this drama. What she said hurt me but it certainly appears that she actually does think this shit about me.
Our friendship is over. Its sad her 2 girls who do love me and i think a lot of them will miss me thats the real sad part.
Did i make a big mistake not too sure

Silver

Silver

It's hard to say whether or not it was the right thing to do, but if someone in my life said to me i wasn't a giving person, i think i would be very upset. I would think why are you my friend if you think so badly of me. I probably wouldn't want that person in my life. However, my friend the other day told me i just need a focus such as a baby, and then i wouldn't be ill. I said if i'd had a baby, they would have been taken into care as illness doens't care whether you have a child. She thinks i have been ill because i don't have a baby. It infuriates me when people misunderstand my illness. I have bought her that book by kay redfield jamison to read. Hopefully this will make her understand. If she had told me i wasn't a giving person i think i would have gone mad at her. I don't think the relationship would ever be the same again. I don't think i'd bother with her or her children much, and maybe would let her fade out of my life. She is the one that needs to apologise to you, and you shouldn't feel guilty, but angry.

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Megirl, I tend to agree with Silver. Friends don't say such things to each other and even if there were a smidgen of truth to it, a friend would find a much kinder way to discuss it. Leave it behind and know there are nice people out there who will appreciate you. Hugs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zardos Bipolar Forum 2