• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

DR wants to up my fluoxetine

AEWDude

AEWDude

My doctor wants to up my fluoxetine dosage, but I'm very reluctant as the past 2 weeks on 20mg have made me feel worse than ever.

Just wanted to know people's experiences. Has anyone else started at the low dose and made them feel awful, then upped it and it made them feel better? I really can't imagine it making me feel anything but worse!

wollie

wollie

In my experiance no, I have just been uped by 20mg and it has made no difference, I still feel like shit, but you have to try it may be it will work on you.
All the best woolie.

AEWDude

AEWDude

In my experiance no, I have just been uped by 20mg and it has made no difference, I still feel like shit, but you have to try it may be it will work on you.
All the best woolie.
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah i get that. Everyone is an individual. I really can't see it making a difference. I've read a lot that most people, including my sister, felt awful before they felt better. So I'll keep going but it's very difficult.

J

JCPraha

I have had that experience with meds. I started out on a low dose and felt worse, then upped the dose and eventually felt better, but it took about 6 weeks before I felt better. Psych meds are strange, it often takes quite a while, even up to 2 months before the full effects kick in. However, the reaction between individuals varies so widely that no one knows the answer. It is a matter of trial and error, unfortunately.