• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Dr leaving

A

Aboizd1

Hi,

I’ve never posted here before...I have ocd and pmdd so I whirl back and forth with how good or bad I feel every 2 weeks ish. I should feel “great” right now but my psychiatrist just told me that shes starting to retire. This instantly sent me into a spiral of obsessions about all the bad things I’ve done in life and how will I manage without this particular support that I feel ive divulged my life too. I’m realizing how dependant I am on the security of sameness. Has anyone else had a dr leave and feel alone or embarrassed to tell about themselves to someone new?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

:welcome:
i have a GP who i am quite attached to ,i am 39 soon and have been seeing her since i was 19
i think she is due to retire in a few years and it will be very hard for me when she does
it takes people a long time to get to know me and i worry that the new GP won't understand me at all
or be able to help and support me

i had a CPN for over ten years and i thought as her as a friend ,when she left i bought her a beautiful present to show my appreciation for all the support she had given me

it sounds like your doctor has given you time to get used to them retiring and not just sprung it on you?

i would tell them how you are feeling and try to adjust to seeing a new doctor before they leave
you can talk to us on here about it and we will support you as best we can
lots of love
Lu xx