• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

Right, I actually feel like i'm going off my head. I'm up, then down, up, then down!

Yesterday was such a fantastic day for me, I was celebrating 1 year Binge and Purge free (I have been bulimic for over 10 years) I had a lovely day, felt ontop of the world and smiling ear to ear.
Today I wake up with the hump - for no reason. I put it down to feeling tired after a late night. Then I put it down to the fact that it's August and it's raining and grey outside.
But i'm feeling more and more miserable as the day goes on! Feel like I need a good slap to slap it out of me!

My doctor wants to sign me off work as she feels that my working environment is not helping with my depression, but I have told her that I really don't want to, as I found it so hard to return to work after 4.5months off last year. On days like yesterday, I'm like 'I don't need to be signed off', BUT on days like today, work is the last place that I want to be.

Am I only the one who flits from highs(y) to lows:mad:?
Lxxx

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
highs to lows is something that i am very tired of. From past experience I know that keeping busy and concentrated on other things has always been a great help. Yesterday I had a doing day which would usually give me a lift but not so this time. The black cloud descended and the black dog curled up at my feet.:(
today i'm not sure how i feel which i'm not sure is a good thing or not!!
m

A

Ainsworth

nope me too, monday was a bad day for me and got worse as it went along, to the point i needed something to help me when i had be clean for 7 days :(

yesterday i was ok, though didnt want anyone around me, today im ok as not at work and not going to therapy. taking those two things out has helped me regain my balance

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

Oh good, as long as i'm not the only one who flits between the 2.

Feel like I need a good slap to shake this bad mood off today! Just feel like eating crap and going to bed. But i'm sat in work and am meant to be on a healthy eating plan!

I swear to God that the people I work with think that i'm a nutcase. One day i'm smiling ear to ear and the next i'm sitting here with a face like a smacked arse!

A

Ainsworth

Feel like I need a good slap to shake this bad mood off today
if only it was that simple, i would have a whole gang of people queuing up to do that for me :LOL:

Just feel like eating crap and going to bed
did that monday, it helped alot (y)

I swear to God that the people I work with think that i'm a nutcase
i tend to think everyone are 'nutcases' as what is normal :p

M

mad as a hatter

i have constant swings from highs 2 extreme lows i can behappy 1 minute nxt minute i,m a emotional suicidal mess it,s horrible my pdoc lookin at changin my meds cause they don,t sem 2 be able 2 control these mood swings there so awful