• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

downward spiral

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I really feel I am on a downward spiral at the moment and I feel so alone all I can think of is harming myself and it is so difficult trying to remain as though nothing is wrong for my daughter and husband I really just want the ground to open up and swallow me. I have stopped my medication and that probably hasn't helped but I am so sick of meds and of feeling so crap and it never seeming to go away my life just feels like a complete waste and I expect I sound so pathetic I am really sorry for such a miserable post just needed to tell someone how I was really feeling I guess
Messymoo :(:cry:

Q

quality factor

Hi messymoo, sorry to hear that you are feeling bad at the moment.
First of all, as you realise yourself, you shouldn't really just stop your meds,sometimes it needs to be done carefully under medical supervision.
IMO you might be better off visiting your GP and asking for a review of your meds, and tell him/her how bad things have got for you. It might be that you could be offered some kind of support and/or talking therapy.

I think you may realise that self-harm is not a positive way to deal with your problems, there are other avenues you could explore with guidance.
We all go through the bad times and usually we know with help that we can come out the other side....your family needs you just as much as you need them.
Take care, QF.

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks for the reply QF I suppose you are right I shouldn't stop my meds without speaking to someone first. I think I will make an appointment on monday with my GP or call my care co ordinator about it. I will try and hold of the harming myself until then and I will tell them too how I am feeling. Maybe I will try and talk to my husband as well

messy

Sugar Coated Owl

Sugar Coated Owl

I would imagine stopping your medication suddenly has probably made you feel a lot worse. If you stopped the medication because you felt it wasn't helping maybe your GP would be willing to prescribe you something else.

If you feel able to do so perhaps having a chat with your OH and explaining how you're feeling might be a help.

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think stoppping my meds did make me feel a lot worse although I am back taking my medication and I am still feeling really low, I have spoken to my team about how I am feeling and they are going to look into getting me more support on a daily basis for a while. I am seeing my care co ordinator tomorrow to discuss it further so at least they are listening to me for once.