• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Down and lonely

B

bluebell24

I'm pretty sure now that I'm seeing the signs of depression again; woke up this morning and just cried for about an hour, feel really lethargic and getting some really unwanted thoughts popping into my head again. Hope I can get to see the doctor sooner rather than later ... these feelings aren't constant yet and I don't want them to end up that way.

Loneliness is really killing me on top of the other feelings. We relocated a few months ago, well me 6 months ago and my husband joined me after 3. He seems to have made lots of friends at work already and has got a good social life. I work for a really small company so it's harder. The one person who did ask me to go for a drink now & then has left. She was nice but a really heavy drinker and I can't do that these days ... plus I just don't feel comfortable around new people. All a bit catch 22 as I would like to make friends here but not through boozy nights out and also the thought of making friends petrifies me ... I haven't felt like that since I was a shy child!

I really don't feel like me anymore. I am wondering whether that's partly why I'm beginning to feel depressed again? I liked being open-hearted, outgoing and a bit giddy sometimes but fear is getting in the way. : (

D

DELATEXT

Friends

HI, HAVING PALS IS VERY IMPORTANT IS IT N'T,
ARE YOU WORKING OR AT HOME ??
IF YOU'RE AT HOME WHAT ABOUT VOLUNTEERING ??
IF YOU'RE ABLE.
OR IF YOU'RE WORKING, IS THERE NO ONE FRIENDLY THERE ??
ALSO CONTACT SOME OF THE MENTAL HEALTH CHARITIES WHO RUN SUPPORT AND SOCIAL GROUPS ???

:grouphug:

S

suki1066

hi bluebelle,
welldone you on recognising your feelings of depression and wanting to act sooner rather than later,
as regards to the "thourghts that keep popping up" i try and send them away with a thourght of something that makes me smile, a happy thourgt if you like, i dont know if youve seen the film "shreck" but the bit at the end when they are all singing to "im a beliver" is one i use it makes me smile and start singing it, daft i know but it works for me lol

regards to friends, last night was my birthday and i had a party, some mustual friends came, and a couple had thier friends over so they bought them, so ive made 2 new friends now, could that be something you and hubby could do, if he has some mates hes met through work... why not have a bbq, his mates will prob have gf or wives??? there could be the possibility of a circle of friends opening up, that both of you can get to know.
its worth a thourght xxx