• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Don't worry but...

C

cheekybadger

None of you know me so briefly...

I first self harmed when I was 19, I'm now 30 and I haven't self harmed for about 7 years. I understand what most of you go through on a daily basis.. the ache of wanting to hurt yourself for relief.. a real personal harm. It's been 1 year 2 months and 3 weeks since I've last hurt myself.

Tonight I've hit a low point as I'm sure most of you can relate to.. for the first time in a long time I almost harmed myself.. after refraining from doing so, I came straight on here.. in desperate attempts to reach out to anyone/someone on here to try and inhibit my urges to harm myself. I'm not gonna lie.. I am loved at home but inside I feel empty and alone and from that I have this thing inside me that wants to to destroy what 'love I have.' is any0one the same?? anyone??
I suppose

Last edited by a moderator:
Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi,

You're not alone. That feeling of emptiness and loneliness quite often goes hand in hand with mental health problems.

I'm sorry you're suffering at the moment but it's good that you've made the move to talk on here as opposed to harming yourself. Has anything triggered this recent low, or has it just crept up on you?

C

cheekybadger

Hi Purple Chaos, thank you for taking the time to reply.

I've been asking myself that; what has triggered this episode? I've been taking everything into account..but nothing will give this time. I just really low and I worry I will make silly decisions

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

No worries. I know how difficult it can be when the urge is there. Sometimes there is no trigger or reason. Sometimes it just is.

Do you have anything that you can distract yourself with? I know it sounds corny and often, when depressed, it's difficult to motivate ourselves, but it can often help a great deal if you have something to help keep your mind focussed elsewhere.

C

cheekybadger

you're right, sometime it just is.

Too late, I have hurt myself.. feels awful typing this but admitting it is nice. I am maybe going to go to sleep now and hopefully I won't feel this way when I awake. Thank you again for your time and effort. x

Last edited by a moderator:
Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I'm sorry that you felt bad enough to do this. I hope you manage to get some sleep and that you're feeling better soon. Please stay safe.

There will always be someone here to talk to if you are feeling low and at risk of hurting yourself again.

Take care.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry that you self harmed.

I hope it's just a blip for you.

Let us know how you are and :welcome: to the forum.

Marliee x

bulbie

bulbie

Come back and let us know how you are. :hug1:

A

Aniket

I also get this empty feeling sometimes. Harming yourself will not going to bring you any good. I appreciate your efforts, don't ever hurt your self again.

It's very important to prevent violence in childhood, other wise it can bring harm in future.

sometimes, it's really confusing that why we are getting this empty feeling, we have everything we want, but still sometimes we feel alone.

But buddy, don't ever try to cause harm to yourself, it's not good and won't going to bring you any benefit.

Trust Me!