Don't scare me please

Shingle

Shingle

I have heard voices only a handful of times in my life and the most recent was today. It was a new one, so the fifth voice or spirit or whatever, i have heard. It came a few hours after an incident with a person on the train who was shouting at voices and seemed to be hearing voices. Shouting at himself and was very aggressive with me and some other passengers. I don't have psychosis as part of my illness much, it was maybe caused by medication in the past, and when it comes to voices i naturally think of spirits rather than psychiatry, rightly or wrongly. Is it possible that some cross over happened between me and this passenger? I don't know the different theories and religions but it is frightening. The voice seems to have picked up on something i had been doing, i don't want to go into detail, but like he had been watching me the past few weeks doing this thing and was calling me names about it.

Don't scare me, i want to sleep at night! but any thoughts welcome.

L

Lunar Lady

I don't think this is something supernatural, Shingle.

Auditory hallucination is common enough - I hear voices when I'm over-tired or sometimes as I'm dropping off to sleep.

I think this guy on the train frightened you and because the experience is playing on your mind, you're experiencing voices because of it.

No, its not possible that he has transferred anything to you, sweetie. Nobody has been watching you - they are your own thoughts, manifesting in a different way.

Imagine a thick rope, made up of lots of smaller strands. Sometimes, a strand of our thinking separates and feels like something outside of ourselves. It's not - it's your own mind producing these thoughts which don't feel or sound like your own.

Try not to dwell on it - the more attention you pay to it, the more likely it is to happen.

Catch up on your sleep and let your GP know if this starts to become a regular thing. :hug: xxx

Shingle

Shingle

Thank you, that is good advice. It did sound like someone else, somewhere else, saying things i would not say, so it is strange but my mind can i am sure throw up all sorts.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I think @Lunar Lady has pretty much summed it up

Try not to worry about it mate

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Are you currently on medication? My first thought was if you changed medication thats maybe causing the voices to be back? :hug:

I'm sure if the voices was anything spiritual they wouldnt be nasty to you, they'd be trying to help you :hug: just my opinion :hug::hug:

L

Lunar Lady

Thank you, that is good advice. It did sound like someone else, somewhere else, saying things i would not say, so it is strange but my mind can i am sure throw up all sorts.
The brain is amazing - think of how many voices of film stars, singers and relatives you can bring to mind....so easy for the brain to broadcast things we don't even know we've retained.

Nothing to be scared of - just dismiss it and focus on other things. You might find this is a brief episode that will pass on its own :hug:

Shingle

Shingle

Thank you everyone, i hope you are right. I haven't changed medication but the ones i am on do cause me to see patterns every night if i wake up for the bathroom. Maybe it is just getting worse over time. I will think about what to do about this. I started to hear the voice and tried hard to listen and focus because i recognised it as not mine, but he said nasty things about me so was not worth focusing on anyway. I should say my mind was saying nasty things to me. It is strange that they were not words i would ever choose.