Don't really bereave much

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

Ok, so I don't live with my parents, moved out 4 years ago, when I lived with them I had a really great life, still do apart from anxiety problems, but maybe the collapse of my great life caused my anxiety, but life still goes on.

I had a good extended family plus friends & used to play snooker & drink a lot with said friends & family (all male, no women allowed), 9 of us, that was about 6 years ago I think, out of the 9 my dad & I are the only ones who are still alive, so a complete shock to the system, drink & play snooker on our own once or twice a week after seeing mum & having dinner together before going back to my flat.

I don't really grieve for the guys who aren't here anymore, I do have dreams that they are still around & it's just like the old days, so maybe I do, but one thing I don't ever think about is the fact that it's going to happen to me (die I mean), hearing about all these people who've passed away & going to funerals, it's just that well it's never going to happen to me, I know it will one day, but it never seems real to me. Sorry for rambling.

Victorianna

Victorianna

It sounds like you had a really nice time socializing with your friends. It's nice you have good memories of that. Maybe you are just really resilient. My husband's this way. I wish I was - I'm way too emotional.
And you are lucky not to worry about your own mortality - it seems to be one of the great stressors for a lot of people. I kind of have the same feelings about that, too - it'll happen, but I won't be around to worry about it, so - whatever!

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

I'm not sure if it's resilience or just part of human nature, my parents are in their 70's retired, lost all their parents & siblings a lot of friends, so many funerals, but they seem to carry on with life happily, even though it'll be their funerals one day, probably within 10 maybe 15 years, but it doesn't seem to affect them.