• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Don't like nighttime

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

This is when I feel most lonely tbh

Can anyone relate?

I

Ian Haines

I am more threatened by seemingly eternal loneliness when the night comes on. The deathly silence and the lack of any nearby activity drive me into the depths of depression far too often.

K

Kroovy

Being around people makes me depressed but then not being around people makes me depressed as well (night time) so yeah

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

honestly flippin hate night time :(

Michelle Kelly

Michelle Kelly

I can relate to this. My neighbour has been away from home over the last week and although we hardly ever talk, I miss just having him there as another human presence, especially at night when I turn the lights off. I'm not really frightened of being on my own at night in general, it's just that you feel even more alone in your head.

Whilst I dislike noisy neighbours sometimes (nothing anti-social as such, just playing their music for longer than I'd like or the sound of children shouting in the garden) I find the silence I get when none of my neighbours are around more unsettling because it's when you feel even more alone in life. Living on your own can have its plus points - I can do what I want, when I want - but it can make my anxiety worse too and at times leads me to feeling slightly depressed about not living with a family.

I find listening to talk radio - especially when it's live - very much helps me to feel less alone in a strange way, as does being engaged in a tv show

I

Ian Haines

I can relate to this. My neighbour has been away from home over the last week and although we hardly ever talk, I miss just having him there as another human presence, especially at night when I turn the lights off. I'm not really frightened of being on my own at night in general, it's just that you feel even more alone in your head.

Whilst I dislike noisy neighbours sometimes (nothing anti-social as such, just playing their music for longer than I'd like or the sound of children shouting in the garden) I find the silence I get when none of my neighbours are around more unsettling because it's when you feel even more alone in life. Living on your own can have its plus points - I can do what I want, when I want - but it can make my anxiety worse too and at times leads me to feeling slightly depressed about not living with a family.

I find listening to talk radio - especially when it's live - very much helps me to feel less alone in a strange way, as does being engaged in a tv show

I definitely understand. In one of her books, Claire Weekes' mentions that the unbearability of being alone, in silence, overnight (especially, I imagine, for those unable to sleep at all) can be relieved, slightly, even by just the sound of somebody else's milk being delivered, a few doors away. I know precisely what you experience and what you mean.

There should be a massive, worldwide forum for loneliness and the graveyard syndrome, but what help would dots on a screen actually be, when it comes down to it?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

yes i hate night time -hours of boredom to get through when i cannot sleep
if im around at night and you cannot sleep i would be happy to talk to you x

waldo1954

waldo1954

Right now morning is the worst for me. I feel better later in the day and at night. I don't know if it's cause I take my Lexapro before I goto bed.

lucasso

lucasso

I not good a few hours before sleep and have all sorts of trouble getting my head down

jajingna

jajingna

Got about 6 hours sleep. Up early this morning while still dark outside.