• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Don't know?

T

tash

Hi,

I haven't actually been diagnosed with anxiety and thus feel a bit silly posting here...
I'm fairly sure I have panic attacks, based on what I've heard and what other people have told me, all the symptoms fit and I'm fairly certain I know the cause of the attacks.
Point is, I haven't had an attack for about 1 month now, but my heart rate still increases for no reason. I will be sitting at my desk just doing work, and suddenly my heart rate will speed up and I feel very restless and sometimes extremely angry.(wanting to break things, hurt someone etc). This happens every night now and I have trouble getting to sleep and now is causing problems with my boyfriend as I will take my anger out on him, but he doesn't understand, so when the rage goes away just as quickly as it came, he thinks I'm just picking on him...
Question is, does anyone know if the random heart rate increase/sudden rage anything to do with the anxiety attacks? Or is this more of a physical health problem?
And if anyone has experienced the same thing, how did you stop it without meds!!!
(my parents don't believe in mental health issues so treatment is sort of difficult)

Cheers,
Tash

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Tash and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

What you described, I call menopause. It's only one of the symptoms I have. It's probably way off what you were hoping to hear though.

You mentioned your parents, so I take it you're not of the menopausal age?
Hormones in general can do what you describe, but the reason is why. Maybe you can go to your GP and get bloodwork done to eliminate things one by one.

T

tash

I hope I'm not! I'm only 19, but I guess I should see a doctor anyway.
Thanks =)

M

MARVIN

Hi, Tash,
Welcome.:welcome:
It sounds very familiar to me,though it took me many years to realise what it was.
I think anxiety and depression are very closely linked and it sounds to me as though you do need some proffessional help;not necessarily Meds,but talk to someone.Otherwise things might get worse till you have to talk to someone.
It certainly sounds like a psychlogical,rather than just a physical illness.I suffer from Depression,but that manifests itself as Anxiety attacks, sometimes weeks apart,sometimes several times a day.After years of denial I asked for help,have had counselling and meds, both of which have helped.
I no longer take meds or go to one to one counselling, but I do attend a self help group regularly.
I hear you when you say your parents are not supportive,but it is your life now,so you can be kind to yourself and ask for help from elsewhere ?
Good luck with it.(y)

Last edited: