• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

don't know whats going on?????

M

messed-up

hi, I've been clinically depressed for years when I was at my worst (after suicide attempts), I knew it was depression i.e the constant crying, not able to face anyone, hiding myself away etc.
But this time I have went down again after a problem with a friend, I can't cry, basically feel nothing, my mood can be up for a couple of days, I'm laughing and joking and feel fine, but then come back down to earth and I'm screaming at the kids (not just normal shouting) it scares me sometimes how my temper goes, I feel so angry at everything, then I would be walking round in a daze, can't be bothered talking, don't want to face anyone.
My head is spinning but I'm not really thinking about anthing, I've started keeping a diary for a couple of days and I didn't realise how much my moods change.
Does anyone else feel like this (constant mood swings) or am I just a moody cow and this is in my head.
How can feel so hopless and empty 1 min and laughing and getting on like a kid the next......so confused :confused:
thanks for listening to my rambling :redface: :hug:

A

abertha

I have found that in the beginning I was like you were, crying all the time, didn't want to see anyone etc, but as the years have gone by, these symptoms have got less. Now, I feel worse than ever, but it's like my body has given up..I just sit there emotionless and apathetic, until something happens to lighten my mood or darken it. I wish you all the best :flowers:

If you can, go to the doctors to get this sorted out - I would if I could, but I simply don't have the money. At the very least meds and therapy might help you in some way.

S

starfish

dolores

hello, after reading your post, i wondered if a visit to your gp would help you to re-evaluate your condition, because mood-swings could be a symtom of conditions other than depression,ie- i have several conditions rolled into one. i hope this helps you.:

J

just.me

Oh my.

This morning was fine, had to have a social appointment and the person who was supposed to come with did not, so went in there panic attack, crying, shaking, buckled legs.

Got in the car to come home, fine, was upbeat.

Then all of a sudden am the mad witch from hell.

Sending the most meanest texts ever, then after that am fine, thing is its okay if you can afford to lose friends! I cant cos he the only one I got! ouch.

M

messed-up

Thanks for the replies, I have appointment next fri with gp, the only thing I'm worried about if she ups my anti-depressants (already done it twice) on fluoxetine and don't feel like they are working.
Is it possible they stop working after a while or you become immune I know that sounds really stupid but I thought at the start they were helping.
Sorry for being so stupid, thanks for listening. :redface: :hug:

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

My doc says you get tolerant to them after a while and changes me onto another one. This is after a couple of years or so.

And hey, you're not being stupid. :hug:

M

messed-up

I'll see what doc says, I feel good today if only it would last.
thanks trombone babe :hug:

J

just.me

Might be an idea to ask if they can try you on something else - worth a try.