• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Don't know what to expect

S

sadgirl

Ok so on Monday I've got my eating disorders assessment :panic::eek: am so scared don't know what to expect or what's going to happen I know that it's for 2 hours :eek: anyone know what I need to expect?

A

ashesunbroken

They will likely give you a questionnaire or discuss things with you surrounding food and weight and evaluate you from there. They will try and make it as easy as they can for you. They want to help you.

I hope things go well. :)

M

Mad_Dog

I has one a couple of weeks ago.too start with filled in a couple of questionnaires. the we sat down and take over what i was eating, she want to know if i restrict, binge,if you use [moderated] ,yourself image, life events and family and friends attitudes and weather they are supportive. they ask about exercise. they ask if u thinkYour exercise is compulsive. she asked me weather i wanted to be weighed she told me at the end what they can help with. but there not going to force u to eat

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sadgirl

It's getting nearer keep on wishing that the clock would slow down but I swear it speeds up don't know if I can do this feel really scared keep on talking myself into and out of going really just want to hide away and disappear

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am sure it will be fine and it's a positive step towards getting well

Good luck xx

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You can do it, please try to go if you can? Terrifying I know, but once you've got tomorrow over,at least you will know more about what's on offer....
I will think of you. Tomorrow, after 20 ish years of bingeing and no support with it,someone is coming to talk to me about it for the first time. Am petrified, got all the reasons to cancel,but I can't live like this anymore.
Good luck tomorrow xx

S

sadgirl

Keep on talking myself in to and out of it been having massive panic attacks all weekend sounds pathetic but I don't feel in control of anything or know what to do my head feels like it's being torn into 2 and having a constant battle all the time

T

Topcat

Keep on talking myself in to and out of it been having massive panic attacks all weekend sounds pathetic but I don't feel in control of anything or know what to do my head feels like it's being torn into 2 and having a constant battle all the time
How did it go yesterday?
Xx

S

sadgirl

I went but kind of got the impression that she really didn't want to be there tried really hard to be honest half of the time she kept on referring to her book as to what to do next then she tells me she's just qualified which I must admit was obvious she didn't have a clue I felt like I was in the way anyway she's got to go and see her team (her words not mine) then she will ring me next week and let me know what's what

D

diabolicalme

That's a shit assessment! I've had a few over the years at different clinics and am on the waiting list for yet another having moved areas, and they've all been like others have said here - the questionnaires and seeing different members of the team and them trying to help me even if they couldn't in the end..but the assessments were always supportive, helpful and hopeful (not all the psychiatrists were who I saw!). Your experience sounds amateurish I'm really sorry you had that. Maybe after she's referred to her books enough, as well as her team, they may offer you something more professional!! Or at least sessions with a nurse/dietician/psychologist/psychiatrist?? Here's hoping...let us know when you hear back..

S

sadgirl

Well they've decided yes I met their criteria but want me to be seen and stabilised by a psycharist first now they've decided I don't and can stay with mental health team confused. Com