• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Don't know what to do

K

kasai

First time here just did a google on some form of forum for depression. Really not good at posting up about myself but kind of at the end of things. I'm 26 and for most of my life I've really not had a good time. I suffered from depression since I was in my teen's. Went to psychologists have been put on medication a few times but never really works.

Reason I'm posting is I really don't know what to do anymore. I currently live with my parents and my sister. My sister suffers from depression and a few other mental health problems. I don't have a job only money I'm getting is from incapacity benefit. Everyday day now I wake up and I'm empty and feel completely helpless and out of control. I have a girlfriend who lives quite far I'm trying my best to get better for myself and her. I don't know how to anymore I can't find work (No real qualifications and have never worked due to mental health) can't find any place that would offer me support.

I've tried the usual psychologist and anti-depressants root and it honestly hasn't worked.

:( I'm sure there are people with worse problems than me but everyday is another day of waking up to feeling like this. I find it hard to sleep and when I do I don't want to wake up. I don't know how to solve it anymore. I'm kind of tired of fighting it, tired of waking up and never truly being happy.

I feel like a burden on my family and everyday that passes I think to myself how people would be better off without me.

Rather than ramble on anymore than I have if anyone knows of anything around Scotland, Glasgow any information of any place that could give me some form of support I would appreciate it. My own efforts have been a dead end.

Any advice would be appreciated.

J

jamesdean

First of all you are not a burden here my best advice is keep posting this forum really is the best support network that you will ever finf forget the nhs this god damm goverment you will never be able to find more support the whole world over than here
Cheersj
J D
Sorry excuse me I forgot to say good morning to you kasai

K

kasai

good morning to you too Jamesdean and thank you for your reply. You have pretty much my views on the NHS. Its why I feel I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Rather than ramble on anymore than I have if anyone knows of anything around Scotland, Glasgow any information of any place that could give me some form of support I would appreciate it. My own efforts have been a dead end.

Any advice would be appreciated.

www.breathingspacescotland.co.uk

''Breathing Space is a free and confidential phoneline service for any individual, who is experiencing low mood or depression, or who is unusually worried and in need of someone to talk to.
The service was launched in Glasgow in 2002, and became a national phoneline service in 2004''.

Hope that is helpful.

:welcome: Kasai,hope you find the Forum helpful and supportive (y)

K

kasai

Thank you yakuza I'll definitely take a good look at that site you linked as well as note down the phone number.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Thank you yakuza I'll definitely take a good look at that site you linked as well as note down the phone number.
Good luck with ''Breathing Space'' Kasai.

It would be interesting to know how you got on. (y)

C

Charlie123

Hey man, hows things?

K

kasai

I'm currently on anti depressants but still no real luck sorting out my life. Just struggling to get by at the moment to be honest. Not even sure the anti depressants are even working.

The one I'm on is Citalopram just on the 20mg tablet doctor I would bet will increase it to 40mg.

C

Charlie123

Hey Kasai, remember your not the only one! Has it got that bad that you needed to be in hospital?

T

tapdancer

Perhaps your dose is not high enough. A lot of people shy away from anti-depressants but whats the harm in taking them if they make you feel better? Have a chat with your doctor and explain exactly how you feel. You may need a different brand or, as I say, just the dose upping. Good luck. My daughter says to me "mum, depression is like a roller coaster. you go up - and then you come down - but then you go up again. but remember, that is only in the bad times so even the bad times are not totally bad - but the good times ARE totally good". The bad times dont last. Eventually they go away. A good listening ear is invaluable. If you havent got anyone to offload on, use this site. People who read this understand what you are going through.:flowers:

K

kasai

Hey Kasai, remember your not the only one! Has it got that bad that you needed to be in hospital?

Not in a hospital Charlie123 just on anti depressants from my local GP. Anyway went back to him today and he increased it to 40mg tablet. Hopefully this will stabilise things a bit better.