• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

dont know what to do

~minnie~

~minnie~

As you know i stopped my medication 12 weeks ago cold turkey due to having a physical illness which is still ongoing now, frank has said that hes seen me go downhill since coming off the medication....although i feel fine and dont feel ill...i am struggling with the voices at the moment but told the cpn its a 'blip' it will blow over as i am not ill....but because i stopped the medication my symptoms have come back and the voices are telling me that the medication, food and drink are poison and i am feeling really suicidal.....
hes seeing me on monday for a possible step up care crisis team or hospital admission...he said that it will be out of his hands if i were to have a mental health assessment which is what i am worried about.....when cpn saw me last wednesday we both agreed that i would take 100mg of quetiapine a day to start me off but i did take more than the dosage last friday night and told frank this he asked me if this was an attempt of an overdose and i said no it was just to knock me out...have got bad voices telling me to do harmful things to myself and other people the mindreaders they are out to get me and if i don’t kill them first something bad will happen i didnt take anymore on Saturday or Sunday last week but took more than the dose on Monday night and Tuesday night and Wednesday night which i left a message on cpns answer phone at 8am yesterday morning and told him i cant take anymore and he rang me at 8.50am to ask me if i wanted step up care over the weekend and i refused....he said that it has gone on long enough now 12 weeks and that i havent improved mentally just deteriorating each day and going into a possible relapse but i am not ill .....i dont know how else to convince him and the psychiatrist that i am fine.

U

UMPALUMPA

Hi Minnie, sorry your not too good at the moment.

Try not to worry about the Mental Health assesment, they might just increase your Meds and refer you to the Home Crisis Support Team. I doubt they would ask you to come in Hospital if your talking to them and not an immanent danger to yourself.

Hopefully your Meds will be increased and your Voices will become less.

I hope you can stay safe Minnie :hug:

W

whosebob

Wishing you the best of health.

You have to take you Meds. I also thought I was fine. That's the way it seems but in actual fact I was'nt well. you only realise ones you healthy again.

Try chamomile tea, it really calms the nerves.

I don't know about your faith but writing to God in a diary works for me. The psychologists are always going on about replacing a negative response with a positive one. Writing to God good letters helps me reinforce this thought process. Evens when I am really down and I forget about the positive things in my life, I turn to my diary to remember.

I wish you the best of health. I hope your medication helps you and that you recover. Please listen to your famliy they have your best interest at heart.

Peace be upon you.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Oh Minnie,
I'm sorry things aren't going well. I'm going to be blunt, I don't know you but reading your post you do sound like you need some extra help at the minute. Sometimes we just don't see it ourselves and need to be guided by our loved ones and health professionals, not easy
I know x
Stay safe and engage with the professionals x