• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Don't know what is wrong with me.

O

Orphanannie89

I don't know what is wrong with me. I took voluntary redundancy from my previous job. The job was making me ill. Anyway, there was some confusion with my finishing date and I didnt get paid and my redundancy money was not coming in for another month. My response to this was intense anger. Screaming. Wanting my employers dead. I wanted to kill myself. I told my husband to phone my employer's and tell them I was dead and they had done it. I said they were screwing me over. I hated them. This went on for some time. My husband had to control me. My teenage son was trying to control me. It was awful. Anyway, my employer sorted it all for me and in the end I was in tears. In self harmed because I hated myself for what I said. I thought my employers must think a lot of me to do all that. This episode is a fairly standard response to most situations along with throwing things, smashing things. The police have been called once or twice and I have ended up in hospital, only to discharge myself due to mental health services not being available to me. I'm frightened. Can anyone help?

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya. That does sound extreme and I can't imagine what it must feel like to get into such a state. Have you ever had any therapy to get to the root of why you feel like this? MH Services are erratic in how they see people. If you go to your doctor (although its all over the phone at this present time) and ask for a MH review they can refer you on.

What goes on in your mind before you start to react? Did something happen in childhood which triggered this behaviour and it comes roaring to the fore when you are in this state?

O

Orphanannie89

My dad died when I was 9. Since then I've felt out of control of my life.
Before I react I believe they are out to get me and that I am hated and its instant.
I'm awaiting an appointment with a psychiatrist. Had alsorts of therapy but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
moonperson I don't understand what is wrong with me exactly Mental Health Experiences 22
J I don't know what's wrong with me and I'm scared Mental Health Experiences 4
J I don't know what's wrong with me Mental Health Experiences 1
Annelis I don't know what's wrong with me Mental Health Experiences 7
B I don't know what's wrong with me but it's getting pretty bad Mental Health Experiences 2
W I don't know what's wrong with me... Or if I'm just making myself worse Mental Health Experiences 3
U I don't know what's wrong with me Mental Health Experiences 2
F I don't know what's wrong with me Mental Health Experiences 3
S I Don't know what is wrong with me.. Mental Health Experiences 7
R I don't know what is wrong with me?? Mental Health Experiences 5
A I don't know what's wrong Mental Health Experiences 2
ABsea I don't think there is anything wrong with me Mental Health Experiences 2
P I really don't know what is wrong Mental Health Experiences 8
G Another 'help, don't know what's wrong with me' post Mental Health Experiences 4
Signofthetimes Don't know what this is, but I've been very stressed for a long time. Mental Health Experiences 4
VictorKennedy I don't want to go on anymore. Mental Health Experiences 14
L Don't know what to do Mental Health Experiences 15
J Does anyone have anyone to talk to in the mental health services even if they don't get better? Mental Health Experiences 12
S I don't understand what is happening to my brain. Mental Health Experiences 35
K Things I do so I don't feel alone Mental Health Experiences 1
J I don't know what's happening to my daughter. Mental Health Experiences 2
D i don't know what this is it could be nothing Mental Health Experiences 3
D i don't know if this is mental health but it was when i was younger like 10 Mental Health Experiences 5
B I have realised that I don't really understand the majority of people Mental Health Experiences 11
thepersistenceofmemory families who don't believe in mental illness Mental Health Experiences 6
P I don't know where to post this. Dealing with multiple problems at the same time. Mental Health Experiences 2
M Don't know what to do Mental Health Experiences 8
R I don't know... Mental Health Experiences 3
A I don't know who i am Mental Health Experiences 4
Shana09 I'm feeling overwhelmingly terrified, I don't know what to do Mental Health Experiences 3
lavenderfire When People Need Help But Parents Don't Step In Mental Health Experiences 5
G I don't want to get to 30 Mental Health Experiences 19
C I don't know what to do anymore Mental Health Experiences 10
F I don't know what to do. Mental Health Experiences 9
L I don't know what happened Mental Health Experiences 6
O I don't need me. Mental Health Experiences 4
F Sometimes I don't want to exist anymore. Mental Health Experiences 17
N I am really depressed & don't want to live. My parents have disabled certain websites from my laptop based on keywor. So, i can't easily access help. Mental Health Experiences 7
gt86 I don't think I can handle it anymore Mental Health Experiences 3
Soul_Deeps I don't think surviving is still an option. Mental Health Experiences 5
UpnDwn1978 I don't deserve love... Mental Health Experiences 13
MrBond007 Looking for a way to calm down since I am always so angry and I don't know how to stop. Mental Health Experiences 3
B I feel like I don't belong anywhere Mental Health Experiences 18
N I Don't Understand (Trigger Warning?) Mental Health Experiences 4
Annelis I don't know what to write so I guess this will have no point :) Mental Health Experiences 7
S I don't feel like we make enough noise. Mental Health Experiences 7
Shana09 I feel so irritable, like I want to lash out and I don't know what to do Mental Health Experiences 15
I If I can offer some words of wisdom for younger members: don't push people away. Mental Health Experiences 1
UnstableSolace Why do people ignore sufferers as long as they don't verbally express it? Mental Health Experiences 11
C I don't know if I'm normal , does everyone behave/feel the same? Mental Health Experiences 2