• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Don't know what I'm supposed to do

Connorisnotokay

Connorisnotokay

I'm feeling so depressed and I don't know how to help myself. I have so much support around me but I don't know how to use it.

I get so depressed about things but I cause it. I don't help myself at all. I have no clue what to do with myself. I know all the options of help around me, but it doesn't help.

I'm left wondering what the hell to do. I've felt stuck for a very long time now. I hate my situation, but at the same time get so scared to change. I dont know what direction to take. I feel so empty and so full of sadness.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
When these times hit me, i go into a different room, go out for a walk, phone someone, put the kettle on etc

I do these things over and over.

I have been like this for years and years and i think it is something i will always have to manage.

At the end of the day, we have to find ways to help ourselves through these times because we are with ourselves 24/7.

Mine, i don't know what it is, probably everything! every little part of mental illness, cause and consequences.

Connorisnotokay

Connorisnotokay

When these times hit me, i go into a different room, go out for a walk, phone someone, put the kettle on etc

I do these things over and over.

I have been like this for years and years and i think it is something i will always have to manage.

At the end of the day, we have to find ways to help ourselves through these times because we are with ourselves 24/7.

Mine, i don't know what it is, probably everything! every little part of mental illness, cause and consequences.
I feel I can only wait for these feelings to become weaker, but who knows how long that could take? I can't seem to break free from this prison I've created for myself. I can only distract myself for so long.

I'm the only one to blame for these feelings as I'm the one making them worse, but I nothing changes because changing one things creates ten more things to stress about.

I'm sorry you feel the same way, it's absolutely awful to go through.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Distracting is exhausting. I'm going to get in touch with my head, hang on, ok, there is something back in my mind i am trying to not think about, avoid. It is always there and if i think about it too much, i might explode, i really mean my brain may blow, my soul, everything will blow. I don't know, you get the idea, it would be too much for me to go there.

You have created a prison for yourself? Maybe i have too? I like to think it is a bubble, a small world here that i can cope with and even smile at sometimes.

I cannot imagine how you are the one to blame for how you feel. If you did something wrong, as i have, it wasn't intentional, it was just you then. We all learn as time passes.

I do know that feeling though. I panic about running out of distraction. Somehow the days go by, one after the other. You get older by the day and life goes fast, thankfully. I'm hoping for a meteor to land on me.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Maybe you feel ready to talk to your mental health team? If you say you feel depressed but do not know what to do they will be able to help you. I know you have a lot going on with your family which must make things harder too.

W

WarrenSpell

I'm feeling so depressed and I don't know how to help myself. I have so much support around me but I don't know how to use it.

I get so depressed about things but I cause it. I don't help myself at all. I have no clue what to do with myself. I know all the options of help around me, but it doesn't help.

I'm left wondering what the hell to do. I've felt stuck for a very long time now. I hate my situation, but at the same time get so scared to change. I dont know what direction to take. I feel so empty and so full of sadness.
Have you looked into the concept of Mindfullness? It's helped me a lot. I think of it this way: "Why should I let my brain kick me around?" Google it. BEST wishes - Warren

L

Lightanddark

I feel the same. Feels like u took the words out of my mouth. Maybe we can help each other.

T

treasurebox

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs in youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

Q

Quietman5

I understand how you feel. At one moment you feel ok and the next minute you have bad thoughts. I struggle with purpose. Why are we here? What is our real purpose? Go day by day just not caring if tomorrow follows when there is no purpose. Each one of us 8s replaceable by another widget doing what we do every day. So what holds us here? That’s what I struggle with everyday and I hope others dont because it’s lonely.

L

Lightanddark

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs in youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.
I love music, banking and going for long walks.

L

Lightanddark

I understand how you feel. At one moment you feel ok and the next minute you have bad thoughts. I struggle with purpose. Why are we here? What is our real purpose? Go day by day just not caring if tomorrow follows when there is no purpose. Each one of us 8s replaceable by another widget doing what we do every day. So what holds us here? That’s what I struggle with everyday and I hope others dont because it’s lonely.
Yh it comes and goes in waves really. Just thinking too much

S

Sugold

What were the options you know or what others told you they'd help?