• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

don't know what came over me

H

Hannah007

This happened twice to me. Both times I was with my mum climbing a mountain. The first time was during the summer and I was really happy. My mum told me vaguely where we wete going. I wasn't happy with the answer. I let her walk on with my brothers and sister. I stayed put. I was annoyed. Something got into my mind telling me to stay put. I don't know what it was but it wasn't me. I was fuming. Eventually my mum returned to get me. I wanted to give out hell to her. Instead I tried restraining myself and taking deep breaths. It was really hard to not rage at her. Then at lunch she was being vague again about where we were going. I could it coming on me again. Instead I just let it go. Afterwards a joke was made of my behaviour. Secretly I was confused because I never act like that. I just brushed it off. It was like something in my mind was telling me to get mad.
The second time she was being vague about instructions again. I let her walk with everyone else. I could feel it coming on me. She rang me and told me to come up. I decided I had enough, that I didn't want what happened to me before to happen again. I said you didn't give clear instructions and you're taking me for granted. I returned home. She begged me to come up. I hung up. I knew that if I went up to her something would get me annoyed. So I felt I had to leave.
Later we talked. I spilled my heart out about exam pressure, being taken for granted and how I'm expected to be smart and obedient child while my sister is allowed to get in a huff. She basically told me I should've come up.
I'm just really confused because I never act like that. It's like I suddenly changed, it wasn't me making decisions for me and someone tool over my mind to make bad decisions. Can somebody help? Sorry for the extremely long post.

Apravo

Apravo

Hi Hannah, Sound like the stress causing these sorts of feelings. I try to stop myself boiling over sometimes, but If im stressed and feel hard done to I just can't stop myself.

G

Golden

Stress makes me impatient and irritable with others. This is called bipolar disorder. I don't really know what that means. I'm like this on and off. Are you like this on and off? Keep a journal to see what you feel like and what is happening at the time. Your sleep pattern is very useful to keep record of.

katya

katya

Hello and :welcome:

I can become very irritable with others, especially when instructions are given vaguely in a situation where you kind of need to know what's happening - like a hike, which is something that makes you hot and sticky in the first place.

I know where you're coming from, and you've done really well to control it the first time by taking deep breaths - I think you'd be good to practise that more often in day-to-day life, then hopefully it'll become second nature to you.

It might also be a good idea to make a note of the things that trigger you, so you can maybe identify patterns in what makes you feel this way - which you might not have done otherwise.

May I ask how old you are?

Hope you find the forum useful and supportive.

H

Hannah007

Thanks for the replies everyone. I might've thought it was stress only the first time I wasn't under any pressure at all. That was more than 6 months ago and probably the least stressful time of my life as a student. I'm not like this on and off. It rarely happens to me. I'm scared that it'll happen again and I'll have no control over myself. I normally don't have an irregular sleep pattern. I'll try controlling myself more and identify patterns. I'm 18. Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.