• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Dont know if this is bi-polar.

• Thread starter Freewilldeterminist
  • Start date
F

Freewilldeterminist

So I am a long time sufferer of OCD but I also am always in a state of cycling and have been for 15 years. It feels like bi-polar with only hypomanic episodes. The unique thing is, the shifts are triggered by conscious phobias. I dont just randomly shift from mania to a depressed state, there is always some kind of conscious trigger. I have phobias related to my OCD and if I feel like I have taken proper measures to guard myself from the perceived threats from those phobias, I am then able to feel everything is resolved and I feel generally at ease/peace and have this energetic feeling like Ive finally been set free and I want to interact with everyone cause im finally emotionally available. This usually lasts anywhere from like a week to a month about. But then, since life happens, I inevitably experience one of my triggers -someone films me at an open mic, someone transgresses me in someway and i feel immense internal conflict about whether or not to address it, other triggers are perceived exposure to disease. Whatever the trigger is, it is not a common/nominal amount of distress that follows. It is a cascade, a downward spiral that immediately shatters my sense of confidence, and within hours I feel angry, depressed, hopeless, tight and very trapped with no nuance of expression. I feel extremely one dimensional emotionally. I feel like im just a ball of raw aggressive nerves that could just punch something perpetually for my whole life and it would never be released. Just utterly trapped with a tight forehead and angry disposition that wont turn off. This also usually lasts about a week to a month. I almost always only cycle out of that state once ive engaged in some kind of compulsion/perceived remedy. Does anyone else with bi-polar (or otherwise) have a similar experience, or know of a disorder that is similar?

Kotter

Kotter

overanalyzing myself makes me more insane.

i let the docs ask questions, and answer as best i can.