• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Don't know how to cope

S

sara76

I came off my anti-depressants 4 months ago and its been a struggle since. Visited my doctor last month who said it was more anxiety i was suffering from and gave me breathing exercises to do at home. I really don't want to go back on meds so can anyone suggest herbal remedies that really work or an alternative.
I am so sensitive to everyone and everything just now and feel like i'm going to fall apart at any second. I'm so angry with thoughtless people with their thoughless throwaway comments. I feel like i'm going to scream and cry all the time. Someone help me please

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Sounds to me you still need some medical help, either some meds or some sort of counselling. It might be you came off the ADs too soon. How long were you on them for? Have you worked out what is making you feel so anxious? I know just what you mean about being extra sensitive and if people ask me if I'm ok I more often than not burst into tears!

Keep talking hun, let us know what you decide to do. :hug:

R

Robert_215

Hey I know exactly how it is aswell, i guess you just got to hang in there i dont mind talking to u about stuff i have a massive bag of problems myself. your not alone to your friends and family who r depressed they dont understand if they not been through it but we do so where in the same boat as u so altho u feel isloated to them to us where all equal.

im as normal and stuff as it comes when im not depressed its horrible.

Last edited:
schiz01

schiz01

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnvCI9ZY-qw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnvCI9ZY-qw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi.

If you are sure you would prefer to stay away from medication to help take the edge off. Have you thought about any types of therapy. Maybe going to see someone to talk through things would be of benifit to you. It may get to the cause of your anxiety and give you some techiniques that would help train your mind to think differently. It might be worth while going to your gp and asking if you could be put forward for that type of support.

Good luck.
X

B

Ben

Hi Sara,
I'm so sorry for you that you feel back to this feelings. I also know what you talk about. I was on medication for a year but since both me and my wife started to suffer from the side affects I realized they had an affect on me that i don't want anymore. Now 6 weeks after i stopped i finally feel back for the good part and unfortunately also start to feel back my (over?)sensitivity when exposed to criticism or confrontations and also don't know really how to get out.
What did help me in the right direction is biofeedback, a method that teaches you several tools to help yourself arrive to heart coherence. if you are interested to read: Dr. David Servan Schreiber wrote a book 'no freud, no prozac' in which he gives 6 or 7 alternatives for medication. Do read it and choose what fits for you, acupuncture, sport, EDMR therapy. it was really a great help for me.

Hold on and try to stay away from medication. I'm sure you are right with your decision, hold on:hug:

S

sara76

Thanks everyone!

I just want to say thanks to everyone who responded to my post. I feel so much better knowing there are others who are feeling the way I do and suffering too (I know that sounds horrible but i'm sure you know what I mean!)
It's much better than being told to 'pull yourself together' as my so called friends do.
I have been excercising and have been feeling slightly better. Thanks again!

B

Ben

Hi Sara,

i'm very happy you feel a bit better. It'll take time, but excersising is a great thing, since it effects the serotonin/endorfine in your brain and helps really (also chemically) to feel better (without side effects:)). do you have any understanding of the sources of your depression/anxiety?

I'm sure I speak for all of us saying we understand what you mean, not that you are happy we feel heavy too, but that you're not alone. You are not, really not :grouphug:.

For people that don't know what it is to feel depressed it is easy to say you have to pull yourself together. Or maybe that's what they usually do when they feel down, not connecting to how they feel, and can not accept someone else can not.

you sound like you are doing all you can to keep yourself together, wishing you only good. Feel well,

warm regards, :hug:

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Glad you're feeling a bit better (y) and you've found a way without meds. Keep chatting here if you need us :)