Done with Family

K

KitKat90

How do you deal with family that doesn’t understand and doesn’t offer any help?I really needed some one to step in this past year and help me. I couldn’t leave my home and have been suffering from CPTSD along with anxiety. I needed support and have always been there for everyone else in my life. I can’t get over the fact that no one gives a s**t. It’s a little too much for me to take.

Luci

Luci

I have literally cut everyone out of my life who brings nothing positive. This includes my parents and for he most part, my siblings. Even if they dont understand they should at least offer to help you out, stay in contact etc. Also bear in mind it can be difficult for them, they may not know what to day or how to act. The important thing is they try, and make you feel cared for.

Y

Yodagirl

Totally agree with Luci. Sometimes it’s best to let them them go. Has brought me great peace!

K

KitKat90

I have let them go but this is my husbands family. I no longer talk to them since I asked for help. I guess I have known for several years that they only care about themselves and what they can get from others. Let’s just say there are times I have felt used by them. What really upsets me is they knew I was unable to leave my home and I needed help but I was meant with not so supportive comments and I needed to just deal with it.

Luci

Luci

Does your husband agree with what his family are saying? Or does he understand? You need to look at it as their loss. You arent missing anything from not having them in your life, but they will be you, and they caused that

K

KitKat90

Thanks Luci. Honestly, it saddens me to say this but if they really needed me. I would not be there. This hurt me more than words can say. It’s a deep pain that lives in me now. No, my husband doesn’t understand how I feel. He was not there at the time. I can forgive him because I love him. But his family I can’t. I’ve never asked for anything from them and I feel a stranger would have been treated better.