• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Done with everything

UniqueKitten

UniqueKitten

I'm just so done with everything in my life, I have people saying I'm different now but I don't feel anything but depression, I'm just fed up with everything and I am done fighting this, I want to move on, or escape this reality, in tired 24/7 because of this and I just don't have the energy or motivation to fight or do anything about it. Nothing interests me anymore, I don't want to die, but I'm just done with everything.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Hello UniqueKitten, i'm relieved you don't want to die but sad that you are not enjoying it. Is there really nothing that helps a bit? Do you have a kitten? That looks like a dog to me, do you have both?

How long have you felt tired for? Depression for me starts with feeling tired and having less interest in the parts of my life that make me happy. I think they are classic symptoms of the early stages of depression and it spirals downhill from there.

Have you had depression in the past? How did you get better?

Even if you don't feel like it, it is essential you get out for walks every day and eat 3 good meals too.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry your feeling poorly, have you got a psychiatrist? Or a CPN?
Is your Gp supportive? What treatments have you tried?
Depression is horrible, but often with the right care people can improve.
Hugs

R

Resolution

It’s a sad and lonely place to be I suffer too you’re not on your own 😇😘

R

Resolution

No you’re not okay if you want to talk maybe it would help us both

G

GodsArtist1971

It’s a sad and lonely place to be I suffer too you’re not on your own 😇😘
I’m so tired and not in the mood to interact with anybody because I feel so moody I get it every time I’m going to go to AA I bail

UniqueKitten

UniqueKitten

Hello UniqueKitten, i'm relieved you don't want to die but sad that you are not enjoying it. Is there really nothing that helps a bit? Do you have a kitten? That looks like a dog to me, do you have both?

How long have you felt tired for? Depression for me starts with feeling tired and having less interest in the parts of my life that make me happy. I think they are classic symptoms of the early stages of depression and it spirals downhill from there.

Have you had depression in the past? How did you get better?

Even if you don't feel like it, it is essential you get out for walks every day and eat 3 good meals too.
I don't have any animals, I used to have two cats but they died when I moved out of my parents house a few years ago, and that's not my dog but I want that breed of dog, but I can't get one right now as I can't afford it and my flat landlord won't let me have animals, and I've had depression almost my entire life, I never used to be this tired when I was working and living with my parents, but I moved in with my ex three years ago and I began getting super tired all the time, work wasn't fun but yeah it was weird I used to be able to do stuff that interested me then it just stopped, when my mum died it broke me, she was an artist and I only did drawing and stuff because she was there to help me, but now Im struggling to do it at all even tho I want to do it as a career one day, I've had worse depression ever since now, and I just feel like I'm in an unending loop of hopelessness and stress about everything in my life and I just don't feel any point to it.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, how long ago did that happen? Grief can have a big impact.

I'm not allowed pets either but i got a cat anyway. I am at home all day and unwell often, so i need a cat. I thought i could argue that if i ever had grief from the council. Other neighbours play loud music and have big parties, i thought a cat was small in comparison to that. Maybe you are private renting? That is more difficult.

Someone told me that when we stop work, we start to sleep more and feel more tired, but when we start working again, that goes away. I don't know how true that is. I sleep lots more but i think it is medication.

Are you taking medication now? I don't know if it will help.

UniqueKitten

UniqueKitten

Yeah im taking meds already, and they help alittle but I still feel stressed and depressed alot, and I'd rather not get kicked out for having a pet as he's had pets in his other accomodations he rents out and found a womans apartment a wreck because of it. And I work and I'm still tired, working a boring job that's slow and then going home to fight my depression and the feeling of giving up everyday

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Hi UniqueKitten,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so low right now.

You have mentioned constantly feeling tired - have you explored this with your doctor? Sometimes, constant fatigue is an indicator that we're unwell. Things like having a thyroid problem or just fighting a virus or infection can make us feel exhausted. x

UniqueKitten

UniqueKitten

My mum died about four or five years ago of cancer, and I've spoken to my doctor about a few things and he just gave me medication, I had therapy but it didn't help alot, but then it was over the phone and I hate phone calls they stress me out, aswell as this whole covid19 thing it was difficult to actually get any appointments if I'd tried.