• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Done something stupid, advice plz (Weed and bipolar)

S

suzy

Ok so I have tried it before, just a few drags and have been fine, but I smoked it a few days ago, more this time. I know I am stupid and am not doing it again as I have learnt my lesson

I felt down the next day and still feel really down now a few days later, just worried I have triggered something and I don't know how long this down will last, getting worried about it. Can it really have this bad an effect?

I just say I have learnt my lesson! Do not do it if you are reading this and are considering doing it!

Any advice on what I should do to make myself get out of the low quicker?

R

rasselas

cannabis is a mild hallucinogen, and all hallucinogens will bring into focus your emotions, including ones you weren't necessarily aware of. they make you highly aware. i wouldn't worry too much. it's out of the brain quite rapidly.

in terms of what to do... i can only suggest what i'd do. i drank heavily on new year's eve (4 pints, which is a lot for someone who rarely drinks) - and it took me a good couple of weeks to start feeling together again. to get through, i pushed myself to continue with daily exercise (at least two hours of fast walking and at least 30 minutes running, every day). a few days in I kind of resigned myself to the fact I'd gone low, so rather than feel bad about it, I went with the flow. keeping active I truly believe is the most effective approach.

i also find these kind of sudden, triggered lows to be a great time to watch films, especially sad ones. i'll cry a bit at them (!) and then gather myself together, and go for a run. it works a treat. and once i'm running i can almost feel the negative feelings transforming into a high - it's very pleasant indeed.

however, what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander.

may i ask you how long you've been been living with bipolar-type symptoms?

S

suzy

I was diagnosed in 2007, had one high. I am on lithium and have been stable, starting to feel a bit better today.

Thanks for your advice :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
manicmonday Bipolar Forum 1
A Bipolar Forum 2
T Bipolar Forum 5