Don’t know if I actually belong here

Marta1899

Marta1899

Hello.
My name’s Marta, I’m 25 and I’m Polish. I never thought I’d be struggling with mental health and never seen anyone about it (a doctor or anything like that) but recently I realised I might need help.
Doubt I’ll go see anyone though hence why I am here. I’d like to think I am quite open, cheery and all that but I feel incredibly lonely. While I doubt I’d ever be brave enough to do anything about it, one of my colleagues (unintentionally) made me realise, something just isn’t right. I quit both of my hobbies, I spend most of my time off in bed, I’ve even deleted my social media (as silly as it sounds). I’ve even stopped listening to music. I failed at uni and work. There’s more to that but don’t know if it’s relevant. Not sure what to do.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hi Marta, :welcome: to the forum, I'm not a health care professional but it sounds to me like you should get some professional help, I know it can be really hard making that first step, but if you're having problems then you should try to take care and get help.

I think of what you've said maybe some depression of some kind. But go see a GP and explain how you feel.

Hope this helps and please feel free to share here this is a safe sharing space X

Mayfair

Mayfair

Hello.
My name’s Marta, I’m 25 and I’m Polish. I never thought I’d be struggling with mental health and never seen anyone about it (a doctor or anything like that) but recently I realised I might need help.
Doubt I’ll go see anyone though hence why I am here. I’d like to think I am quite open, cheery and all that but I feel incredibly lonely. While I doubt I’d ever be brave enough to do anything about it, one of my colleagues (unintentionally) made me realise, something just isn’t right. I quit both of my hobbies, I spend most of my time off in bed, I’ve even deleted my social media (as silly as it sounds). I’ve even stopped listening to music. I failed at uni and work. There’s more to that but don’t know if it’s relevant. Not sure what to do.
bold, that sounds like best thing you'll ever do to me.

We can't diagnose here obviously...

The quitting of hobbies, in bed all time, what is the time frame, and uni too?

If sudden, then I'd go get checked out by gp.

Have a look around. Depression section and anxiety section are busy.

:welcome:

Marta1899

Marta1899

Hi Marta, :welcome: to the forum, I'm not a health care professional but it sounds to me like you should get some professional help, I know it can be really hard making that first step, but if you're having problems then you should try to take care and get help.

I think of what you've said maybe some depression of some kind. But go see a GP and explain how you feel.

Hope this helps and please feel free to share here this is a safe sharing space X
Thank you for your response. I’m trying to figure out how sudden/how much time it’s been since it started happening. I’ve not realised it might be a sign of something serious until one of my colleagues brought it up in a totally unrelated conversation. I know how silly all of mentioned arguments might sound but (especially given I’ve moved countries and Facebook is the only way I can keep in touch with my acquaintances from
back home) deleting all of my social media plus changing my phone number might actually be something that made me realised I might’ve a problem.

Thank you again for your response, I really appreciate it

Mayfair

Mayfair

No, I think social media is toxic. I don't use twitter type things, but opened a couple today after reading news, and the comments to Trump, May and Queen, were just mind-boggling! I've never heard that kind of talk in real life. The internet has good points, but not this (for me) - all predicted years ago too.