• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Don’t know how to get through the rest of today

K

Kmw

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Can someone please offer me advice on how to get through today, tomorrow and all of the days after that. I don’t know if I can go on for much longer.

Chase1

Chase1

Hi Kmw. Been going through a rough time myself with depression. I hope your days get better very soon and sorry you're going through this.

Here are some things that that have worked for me this week. I'm still adding to it.

I focus on today and not the past as much as possible. If intrusive thoughts pop up I try to divert them by thinking of something else positive. If they don't go away, then I'll write down what I'm feeling. This has also been great for positive days. Sometimes it doesn't feel like they can happen but they do! So it's nice to remember that.

I talk to my counselor if it's a really bad day. Or I go to online support groups and remember that I'm not the only who feels this way.

Listening to music has been very helpful for calming down my anxiety. I also have been trying to put on movies that I like lately. Even if I can't focus on them it's nice to have something on in the background. I've been also watching YouTube vids on guided meditation as well as other stories from people who have similar Mental health issues as myself.

Has there been anything that has worked for you in the past? Do you have any hobbies or favorite things to watch/listen to?

K

Kmw

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks chase1. Sometimes I just feel like I can’t go on anymore. I like watching programs on light box but once they’ve finished I just go back to my old normal which is not wanting to be alive but I know I have to stay here for my kids. It’s just so hard to stay alive.

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Hang in there buddy. I totally here you, having a shit of a day here too. Always here for a chat mate. You should do a journal that really helps me, gets things off my chest. I don't really care if anyone reads it, but often they do and it is great support. Don't feel alone anymore with this forum, and you shouldn't either.

V

vc2009

Hey Kmw,

I understand your feeling, me also worrying and overthinking for a mistake that I have done. And have anxiety because I cannot fix that immediately if I want to because of COVID-19 situation until now.

You know can't finished immediately what I have to and waiting to finished that is really pain in the neck.

So I really suffer anxiety and keep overthinking in this waiting time. Now over 1 month now. First I was same like you don't know how to get through the day with that anxiety. Everyday is getting worse and can't concentrate on anything.

But now I focus on some other things , like watching movie or playing video games that can change my thought for a while, not completely tho.Sometime you can't concentrate on anything if your anxiety is really high. This make me feel better and kill the times to get through the day.

Staying around your family or roommate friends is also good too. If you are staying alone in your room,get out and stay around someone. Even you don't take with them you know you are not alone. Sometime loneliness make worse our depression. If you don't have anyone around read some article or have conversation with someone online or in this forum. Topic is doesn't matter, movies, weather, country, etc..etc. It make you kill the times.

Hobby or any daily activities is good also. As for me I can't enjoy my hobby since I got this anxiety but I do daily activities/routine like cleaning my room, doing laundry, and cooking breakfast, doing exercise (I will explain about exercise in below). Even I'm not in the mood and don't want to do that kind of thing sometime, I force myself to keep doing those. So my overthinking is distract and make me feel comfortable for a while.

Exercise is really good for your depression. Make you get sweaty and make your lung open, not only good for your depression but also good for your body circulation. I do medium intensity cardio everyday, even I don't want to do sometime I had panic attack. But I force myself to finished cardio and after that I feel really better.

Above things are not completely make me recover from my anxiety or depression,but it give me strength to get through the day until I reach my goal.

Hope I idea can help you and you will feel better soon.

Do you have any hobby or daily routine?

K

Kmw

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks Eddie
I can always count on you to reply and it means a lot to me. I just feel so messed up at the moment

V

vc2009

In this forum there are so many people who can chat with you. So anytime you need to or want to you can come and express your feeling.

In here no one will judge you and all are here to support you as they can.

K

Kmw

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you vc2009
I just can’t deal with people who write great big long posts. Just can’t concentrate with it. Thanks for being here. It’s keeping me alive.