• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Don’t know how to get better

S

SF2

Hi
I have had a bad turn again. I came off my medication a year ago, and suffered a period of dissociation but got through it. Been through a lot of change, broke up with person I was seeing. Sounds odd but we didn’t know each other for long but thought I had met my soulmate. Work has changed a lot and I have been struggling with it. Have been really down the last 2 months But now started feeling dissociated and disconnected again as well as sometimes sucidal. Don’t want to go back on meds. What do I do feel low

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm sorry you've been feeling suicidal, please get professional help as you need support.
Have you ever tried any therapy, it can be very effective?
Hope you feel better soon.
These links might help you and others feeling the same.

B

bpd2020

Do you mind if I ask why you stopped taking medication? My symptoms worsen when I am off medication. I function much better taking it. I know we are all different.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Hi
Have been really down the last 2 months But now started feeling dissociated and disconnected again as well as sometimes sucidal. Don’t want to go back on meds. What do I do feel low
I wonder if something triggered you a couple of months back. I think if it were me I would speak to my GP aswell as working through/taking action against the causes of all my troubles...

S

SF2

Hi
Yes I felt better so I came off it. Yes I will probably go to my GP.
Thankyou everyone x

K

karl7

Hi
I have had a bad turn again. I came off my medication a year ago, and suffered a period of dissociation but got through it. Been through a lot of change, broke up with person I was seeing. Sounds odd but we didn’t know each other for long but thought I had met my soulmate. Work has changed a lot and I have been struggling with it. Have been really down the last 2 months But now started feeling dissociated and disconnected again as well as sometimes sucidal. Don’t want to go back on meds. What do I do feel low
@SF2.....what meds are you on....are you seeing a therapist or psychiatrist......just remember there is hope you will get better....i know how tough depression can be.....i had/have it bad......i know when i was at my lowest i would want someone to tell me that i can get better.....just take it easy as much as you can.....de-stress......and take it easy......keep up posting here on the forum....we're rooting for you

M

Mole

I experience the same thing - feel okay for a while - then the downward spiral until it’s so dark I can’t see light and all I think about is suicide. I am hoping that consistent exercise will help me and I am trying new meds. I think the one thing that has always helped me is taking care of myself by exercise and eating right - very hard to do when I’m depressed. I hope this turns around for you - we are in this together