• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

dolores

S

starfish

i am feeling very fedup, going through a crisis,my husband has been ill for about a week. he has been seen by his gp and had to call an ambulance in the early hours this morning, and as he was no better a few hours later was told to get himself to an a and e dept. i felt useless because i am agoraphobic and depressed. my moods are all over the place. at the moment feeling paranoid,because i respond to threads on this forum and quite frankly no one bothers to reply. i am having a weeks respite from tomorrow and when i come back i will check the forum. it seems to me that certain people are all pally with each other and i am excluded. i have just had the weekend from hell. if no one replies to this i will jack it in.:mad:

T

telemetry9

Dolores,

Don't put pressure on yourself by making conditions as it only adds to your own stress and expectation.
I don't care how people interact with one another here and I don't know anyone personally here. I just comment and write in order to help myself a little and also try to give a little back to people I can empathize with. I don't even look at their names or identities because it's not important to me.

This is a difficult time of year for a lot of people with depression and MI - so they may just not have the energy or will to reply to you. I know it's a struggle for me to think of anything to write at the moment

You have a lot on your plate. I hope things improve and I hope your husband's health improves soon.

S

starfish

thankyou for your kind and helpfull words maybe my husband and myself wii feel better after having abreak, i am fortunate in having respite i just feel exhausted.

T

telemetry9

A break is good......

Keep the balance there for yourself in your days and get the most out of your wee rest. The beginning of the week is always a big challenge for us isn't it? I know it's a challenge for everyone....but monday is always a big word for people with mental illness.

I'm going to try and go for a longer walk tomorrow with my dog - that's my challenge for monday and to do something positive and slightly different if I'm well enough.

I hope you have as good a week as you can and I hope your husband finds his way home and back to health.

S

swan

Sometimes posts i see on here affect me a lot emotionally but i dont always comment because i feel like everything i say will sound stupid. Try not to take it personally that people haven't replied to your posts, though i understand how that feels.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi dolores

I am sorry that no one has replied to your posts. Swan is right, sometimes people don't reply either because it might have triggered a response in them that they feel unable to manage, or they do not know what to say to help or perhaps they can not relate to what you are going through.

I do understand how it feels when you put something out there and no one replies, it can feel terrible, but it is worth remembering that it is not neccessarily to do with you as a person, but more what is going on for them at that moment.

Are you out of respite yet? How did it go? Was it helpful? How is your husband? How are you?

I found a good way of making friends on here is to post in the chill out cafe and two pence worth forum, it is a way of getting to know people quickly away from MH issues.

Take care,
Sapphire :)

S

*Sapphire*

Hi again dolores. From looking at your posts I see that alot of them are titled with your user name 'dolores'.

The problem with this is that people find it hard to know what the theme of the thread is so may just be overlooking it?

I tend to title my threads with the general gist of how I am feeling or the topic I am discussing.

So if I feel like I am not being replied to then I would title my thread with 'I feel like no one is responding to my posts'.

Or if you are going into respite and want to tell people I would title my thread with 'I am going into respite', or something similar. Of course you do what feels right for you, there is no pressure. But I wonder if you give members a bit of insight as to what the thread is about in the title, then more people might read it?

It is just a thought. :flowers:

S

starfish

thankyou all for your replies they are much appreciated. the last three weeks have been extremely difficult, i am too tired to say now, will try and post over the next few days.thankyou again.:

S

*Sapphire*

I'm sorry to hear that dolores. I hope things look brighter for you soon.
Take good care of yourself :hug:
Sapphire x

P

Positano

Stay strong

Try to stay strong Dolores. Any situation we find ourselves in is so much harder when depressed.

T

TOONAFISH

hiya haven't been on for ages. just wanted to say i haven't ever deliberately ignored any of your posts. however i feel like that sometimes too, i think we all feel a little like that esp when depressed. i hope things are ok for you. will look out for your post

S

starfish

thanks for my replies

im still shell shocked from the last week or so, we had the paramedics out five times for my husband and three stays at a and e.he has developed a heart condition,which is now stabalizing on meds. also he has become depressed and having suicidal thoughts and has started anti-depressants.dolores.