• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

dolores

S

starfish

does anyone experience hypnogogic or hypnopompic hallucinations ? these are auditory or visual on falling asleep or when waking up. i am being woken up about 2 hours after being asleep, dont know if this is psychosis or not. i am trying not to let it affect me but finding it difficult not to.

A

Apotheosis

Yes - I get it a lot. I'm unsure as to why. It may partly be psychological, partly med effects, partly 'mental illness', partly previous substance misuse, & maybe partly spiritual concerns & phenomena.

S

starfish

thankyou for that apotheoses,at least i am not alone with this, take care.

A

Apotheosis

It's OK - & No, you are not alone with all this stuff - far from it. :hug:

M

mizunderstood

I had an experience like that last week. Just as I was drifting off to sleep I was thinking about someone saying in a film that Vampires only come invited. I was lay there thinking "what ever you do, don't think about inviting a vampire in your room" and then at that point I felt as if Vampires were surrounding me and had an hullucination that I was being possessed or something. It was like an outer body experience from out of nowhere with a flash of red light. Wierd. Maybe the Vampires were after me and I fended them off before it was to late using just will power alone (and fear) I nearly had a heart attack! P.s. I don't really believe that Vampires exist. At least I've never come across one, but you never know, that experience could very well have been an attempted vampire attack. Nobody can prove otherwise eh? p.p.s. I actually like the idea of Vampires, I think they are sexy, but thats just me and my strange taste.ha ha ha!!:D:evil:

S

starfish

i have found that the visual hallucinations i get on falling asleep sometimes are linked to a film i watched that evening,some thing to do with the sub-conscience perhaps?????

L

Lil

Apparently they are fairly normal and called hypnopompic hallucinations.

I often wake up with swirls of bright colored lights around me in the middle of the night or more regularly lately quite detailed complex hallucinations which I find a little disturbing. Like huge spider webs hovering above me, spiders crawling up the wall near my face with detail to the point of seeing the hairs on their legs, faces and figures and once even a shiny black skeleton with glowing red eyes.

L

Lady Summer Isles

I was hallucinating the other night for several hours. My husband said i was holding my arms up outstretched. I remember seeing Marigolds falling like rain. I told him the next day that i had to go and buy some and he said you can have as many packs as you like at Sainsburys when we go shopping. He thought i meant Marigold washing up gloves. Still it made us both smile after a really bad night.:LOL:
Take care
Tannith

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Haha thats what I thought you meant too!! I just had this vision of all these yellow rubber gloves falling from the sky!! made me chuckle!!:LOL:

LaborIntensive

LaborIntensive

I was hallucinating the other night for several hours. My husband said i was holding my arms up outstretched. I remember seeing Marigolds falling like rain. I told him the next day that i had to go and buy some and he said you can have as many packs as you like at Sainsburys when we go shopping. He thought i meant Marigold washing up gloves. Still it made us both smile after a really bad night.:LOL:
Take care
Tannith
That would be a wonderful dream (the gloves that is). lol :)

fluxo

fluxo

hypnopompic hallucinations are widespread and common, they're different to psychotic hallucinations.