• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

dolores

S

starfish

i joined this forum a couple of weeks ago.[ found out about it in a nhs health magazine], as i am techna phobic i find it difficult to find my way around. my first post i think was on the anxiety forum. ihave a serious depression mixed anxiety and ocd. i have been self harming as well.been majorly unwell for 5 years and a bit.i am 54 years old and am lucky to have a supportive husband son and daughter and a future daughter in law, so why do i have thoughts about dying and how i will die. i have a cpn a hca and a good gp iam starting cbt soon which terrifies me. thats about it,really. i am finding this forum invaluable, and am very gratefull for it, so a big thankyou to those who run it and those taking part. one question, what is the private messaging all about? and how do i use it if i decide to? thankyou.:tea:

Enpi

Enpi

Hi dolores and welcome to the forum. You can PM a member by clicking on their user name and then selecting the private messaging option.

iffybob

iffybob

Good morning and welcome ......... boB:p

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Dolores,

If you look at the top of your screen you will see an option called User CP towards the left.

If you click on that it will take you to a screen that shows all of the threads that you have commented on, and that members may have replied to.

On the left hand side there are also some options under the heading 'Your control panel'. This lists many options to modify your profile, add friends, create and edit folders etc.

In that list one of those options is 'send new message' under the heading 'Private messages'.

A private message is like an email, you can send one privately to a member and receive one from a member too. Moderators and other members can not see that message. But of course the no flaming and spam rule applies to private messages too and if you receive spam or a flaming pm you can forward it to a moderator to deal with.

When I knew little about computers the best way I learned was by having a play, not being scared and just clicking on links and options to see what they are about. There is little you can do on here that can't be undone if you wish, and of course if you have a question about how to do something on the forum you can raise it on forum or in a pm with a moderator or internet savvy member!

I am sending you a pm now to demonstrate how it works. You may get a pop up screen informing you have received one and asking if you want to open your pm in a new window.

If you can't see it, at the top right hand part of the screen you will see a box that says 'Welcome Dolores' Under that you will see a link that says 'private messages' and will tell you how many you have not read yet, (titled Unread with a number afterwards).

I hope that helps :)

Sugar Coated Owl

Sugar Coated Owl

Hi Dolores and :welcome: to the forum.

S

starfish

thankyou for the welco:tea:mes, and thankyou sapphire for the info, much appreciated.